David Silva - official statement

Everyone on the team will already have let him know he's in their thoughts and prayers, so now that he's made the announcement it would be fitting if players made some kind of public show of support on Saturday such as "David Silva" t-shirts under their blue, or showing "21" like DeBruyne did when they score.

Can't believe Merlin put in a performance like he did against Watford and then jumps on a plane to be at his wifes/sons hospital bedside ,quite astonishing, i am sure he will know everybody connected with the club from supporters to management are rooting for him and his family and hoping for a happy outcome.

Everyone on the team will already have let him know he's in their thoughts and prayers, so now that he's made the announcement it would be fitting if players made some kind of public show of support on Saturday such as "David Silva" t-shirts under their blue, or showing "21" like DeBruyne did when they score.
Didn't they all wear a special shirt for Ilkay?

I am absolutely not going to make this about me, however, as an insight and to share; in May, my wife gave birth to twins that
were 10 weeks and one day premature. It is a hugely stressful and emotionally challenging time. The birth and the subsequent time on the Neo-natal ward was frightening and amazing in equal measure. Two tiny, vulnerable to everything, babies wired up all over their little bodies and in their incubators was something I shall never forget.

7 months later and after a few initial serious problems, both are wonderful and doing very well.

My point being; the midwifes, the nurses, the doctors, the consultants - everyone, were utterly amazing and the technology and medical know-how to deal with and treat these tiny gifts is truly remarkable. At both just under 3lbs birth weight, I was terrified of picking them up - I/we needn't have worried, the nurses were outstanding in everything they did and taught us.

I said it wasn't about me and I have gone on a little bit there - apologies. But, it was an emotional time and obviously I have no idea as to how premature young baby Mateo is, all I am saying is that all is not lost and the young man, I hope will have every chance with the expertise available to him. I am truly in awe of all of the wonderful professionals who choose to dedicate themselves to this cause.

Mateo will have all the same things and wonderful medical minds available to him that we did

It just goes to show what a truly remarkable man David is and the consummate professional to play and perform exceptionally during this difficult time.

Hell, even if he's only half as good as his old man, Mateo would still get a game and do well for City in the future :) That is how highly Merlin is rated - in everything that he does.

Best wishes to David, his partner and their son. xxxx
Appreciate your sharing that experience, gives an understanding of what David is / will go through with hopefully the same excellent outcome.

As a pedi therapist, I have heard so many stories from parents - it's truly a harrowing experience. I hope David takes all the time his family needs. For someone who has brought so much happiness to many, you can't help but want the same for David and his family.
Let's hope the statement means baby is stable and working on getting stronger to go home soon.
¡Fuerza Mateo!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.