David Smith, Russian Spy

Churchlawtonblue

David Smith the Russian spy working in the UK embassy gets 13yrs imprisonment for spying and betraying UK secrets to Putins regime. To my mind this isn't long enough, he will be out in much less time than that. Spying should surely mean a life sentance.

David Smith the Russian spy working in the UK embassy gets 13yrs imprisonment for spying and betraying UK secrets to Putins regime. To my mind this isn't long enough, he will be out in much less time than that. Spying should surely mean a life sentance.
It's probably based on the level of secrets he had access to.

It's probably based on the level of secrets he had access to.
Apparently he was taking secret photos of the Ferrero Rochers at the Ambassador's Ball !!

Edit. I got the above information wrong.
He was actually taking secret photos of the Ambassador's ball(s) !!!

Last edited:
Just exile him to Russia for life if he loves the miserable shit hole that much, they'll probably conscript him as cannon fodder for the invasion in Ukraine anyway, saves you lot the money of keeping him in (presumably) protective custody in jail for years.

Probably more of a punishment to try and rebuild his life after release - can you imagine the reference he'll get from his previous employer if he applies for a job!

Probably more of a punishment to try and rebuild his life after release - can you imagine the reference he'll get from his previous employer if he applies for a job!

He'll be 71 years old, if he lives that long and serves the whole sentence. I doubt he'll be looking to go back to work. Probably have his RAF pension taken away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.