De Bruyne?

In Zlatan's book he says he became a beast at Juventus because Capello drilled this in to his head in training. Shoot, shoot, shoot. He made him stay behind in training and keep honing his shooting.
Going to have to add that book to my Christmas list. What a character, who backs it up on the field!

Thanks for the heads up!

Seriously nobody remembers this entire board giving Yaya hell for the first half of the season? At least I stick to my guns and put the club over individuals. If you all like a player who used the death of his brother to try to force a move, good for you.

So? Should we guarantee him a starting spot until he is 50?

Without Yaya we could have competed for the CL last season and we could have gone into January 10 points ahead of Chelsea.

The guy slagged off the club on numerous occasions. He is a prick Mercenary and always will be.

No we shouldn't because he probably won't last another 2-3 seasons, but you take Yaya out of that team and we wouldn't have won 2 premier league titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 Carling Cup... He is a big game player and in all the big matches he has risen to the occasion and rescued us from defeat. He is a world class footballer who I have been privileged to see at this football club. It's just a shame he didn't have the energy levels of a James Milner because if he did, he would be absolutely unplayable nearly every game. The ability he possesses on the ball is exceptional and we need to buy another CM so we can push Yaya further forward and give him more licence to roam and damage the opposition in the final third of the pitch. We practically have to buy someone else in order to get the best out of Yaya because he is THAT good.

As for the champs league, you put Yaya in a 3 man midfield in the champs league and he would have shone. You put him in a 2 man midfield and we suffer. Our aim should be to bring in the right player to accommodate the correct role for Yaya, not to replace him. Take Yaya out of our midfield and our central midfield is very ordinary.

Seriously nobody remembers this entire board giving Yaya hell for the first half of the season? At least I stick to my guns and put the club over individuals. If you all like a player who used the death of his brother to try to force a move, good for you.

he didn't though did he

No we shouldn't because he probably won't last another 2-3 seasons, but you take Yaya out of that team and we wouldn't have won 2 premier league titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 Carling Cup... He is a big game player and in all the big matches he has risen to the occasion and rescued us from defeat. He is a world class footballer who I have been privileged to see at this football club. It's just a shame he didn't have the energy levels of a James Milner because if he did, he would be absolutely unplayable nearly every game. The ability he possesses on the ball is exceptional and we need to buy another CM so we can push Yaya further forward and give him more licence to roam and damage the opposition in the final third of the pitch. We practically have to buy someone else in order to get the best out of Yaya because he is THAT good.

As for the champs league, you put Yaya in a 3 man midfield in the champs league and he would have shone. You put him in a 2 man midfield and we suffer. Our aim should be to bring in the right player to accommodate the correct role for Yaya, not to replace him. Take Yaya out of our midfield and our central midfield is very ordinary.

Whilst I agree with you about the two man midfield, the rest is nonsense which constantly gets spouted. If you take Yaya out, we wouldn't play with 10 or wouldn't have Fernando etc as the long term replacement. We miss him if he misses a game, just as we miss Silva or Aguero, but if he hadn't joined or if he was to leave, we'd find a quality central midfielder to replace him, just as we'd replace Aguero. Pogba is obviously seen as an option, but there will be others.

To claim that we only won stuff because he was playing is a disservice to the rest of the squad. You could just as easily claim we'd have won more if he'd been replaced by a quality player who gave us 90 minutes each week, rather than a few moments of brilliance few others could do. Both are hypothetical arguments which no one can prove.

Whaaa? Yaya is a liability in a 2 man midfield, not 3. With the 3 he has more protection.

Not with Silva as the central figure in the 3. Silva will be pushing forward and pulling the strings. Yaya will also push forward and ignore any defensive responsibilities per the usual. Silva will likely do more tracking back than Yaya. That leaves only one other player in midfield. We'd have more stability playing two of Fernandinho/Delph/Pogba than only playing one of them with the other being Yaya. Yaya would work great at the tip of a midfield 3, but then we lose Silva in that spot, which is his preferred spot and where he is most effective. Likely a moot point during the season though as fitness concerns will sideline Silva and Yaya at various points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.