De Bruyne?

Man City Gr said:
De Bruyne is a very good player but in Wolfsburg he plays as an AMF behind the Striker (Who is Bas Dost). Also there are two DMF behind him.
If he comes to City, and we continue playing 4-4-2 I don't thing that he will be the some good.

He drifts all over though, most of his assists come from the wings.

No top team has set formations anymore, attacking players drift all over nowadays.

NQCitizen said:
CityFan94 said:
Nasri's replacement.

De Bruyne would be a big upgrade, I think he's brilliant. Mourinho dropped a clanger selling him.
Last time they did that was Matic though and look what happened there

After they way De Bruyne was treated by Mou and the way he left I don't think it will be like Matic....

sam-caddick said:
Man City Gr said:
De Bruyne is a very good player but in Wolfsburg he plays as an AMF behind the Striker (Who is Bas Dost). Also there are two DMF behind him.
If he comes to City, and we continue playing 4-4-2 I don't thing that he will be the some good.

He drifts all over though, most of his assists come from the wings.

No top team has set formations anymore, attacking players drift all over nowadays.

Away at Inter, his first half was exactly the player we need & would be a huge improvement, his 2nd half was as bad as Nasri at the Camp Nou & would be an absolute liability.

If he is a B lister, then more seasons like this and a bigger platform will make him an A lister. He is probably of similar status to what David Silva was at the same age, playing for a decent side and trailed by some of the big guns.

Who are the better alternatives for us, who are actually available? Reus isn't available, Isco isn't available, Bale isn't available as far as we know.

We need new/more attacking midfielders and he'll probably be the best on the market, along possibly with Sterling. His corners and crosses are also good which could make him extra useful to us.

BayernMan said:
NQCitizen said:
CityFan94 said:
Nasri's replacement.

De Bruyne would be a big upgrade, I think he's brilliant. Mourinho dropped a clanger selling him.
Last time they did that was Matic though and look what happened there

After they way De Bruyne was treated by Mou and the way he left I don't think it will be like Matic....

Pretty sure Courtois was banging his bird aswell and I don't see him leaving Chelsea any time soon.
After looking at her, Thibaut probably did him a favour

De Bruyne would represent a smart move as we look to replace our first generation of success; as someone rightly pointed out, Silva wasn't a top level player when we signed him, but he had the potential to be. Our next wave of signings have to be of that age/potential profile.

There's no point in making knee-jerk moves for this summer's Di Marias and Falcaos. Taking in the likes of Schneiderlin, De Bruyne, Sterling and Ramsey and allowing them to develop to the next level gradually will be far more beneficial in the medium-long term for us. We need to build a well-balanced team to supplement the genius of Silva and ego of Aguero, not stifle it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.