De Bruyne?

supercity88 said:
Fantastic player and would be good to sign him and see him prove his talent with us to spite Chelsea. Meanwhile they've sold Mata and bought Cuadrado still relying on Oscar and Willian. He is a fantastic young player with a lot of pace and whilst I'd rather have Reus, he's quicker and likely to be easier/cheaper to sign.
Correct,a signing I really want .

FantasyIreland said:
City_Sean said:
Txiki Begiristain, Man City's director of football, has met Kevin De Bruyne's entourage for the second time. #MCFC (via @hlnsport)

Couldn't post the link to the article, but it says that we are in pole position for him.

Excellent news,fingers crossed.

Maybe a replacement for Nasri in the squad? Or just someone to give us a new dimension.

Excellent player, but an annoying face. I'm not an unreasonable man though, so I'll let that go if we sign him.

Can't imagine Wolfsburg will let him go easily though, and have the financial might to resist any bids.

Ric said:
Excellent player, but an annoying face. I'm not an unreasonable man though, so I'll let that go if we sign him.

Can't imagine Wolfsburg will let him go easily though, and have the financial might to resist any bids.

Hate to think what you thought of Tevez then Ric.
Anyway getting back to the serious business I think that De Bruyne plus possibly Lacazette would be great business this summer. Both have that enthusiasm that we sadly seem to be sadly lacking at the moment.

bluechampion7891 said:
To those who watch him regularly, can he fulfill a deeper, attacking box to box type role as a part of midfield 3?

He's an attacking playmaker, you want him as high up the pitch as possible because he scores, creates and can cross. I haven't seen him play a deeper role for Wolfsburg. He isn't quite as precise as Silva and Nasri with his passing so maybe one of those two would be better off further back (I'm thinking Silva because I think Nasri would drop to the bench, if not leave). It's good but he can be dispossessed easier and takes more risks. He's a phenomenon this year and we should pay whatever it gets, I don't believe it's some sort of one-off either because of the variety and range of chances he creates.

I can understand why City or anyone would be keen, but what makes anyone think Wolfsburg will sell?

They will be in the Champions League again next season, and the only way teams like that sell their best players is if they get a ridiculous offer, the player wants to go, or he's approaching the end of his contract

Sounds unlikely just because Wolfsburg are not under pressure to sell

LoveCity said:
bluechampion7891 said:
To those who watch him regularly, can he fulfill a deeper, attacking box to box type role as a part of midfield 3?

He's an attacking playmaker, you want him as high up the pitch as possible because he scores, creates and can cross. I haven't seen him play a deeper role for Wolfsburg. He isn't quite as precise as Silva and Nasri with his passing so maybe one of those two would be better off further back (I'm thinking Silva because I think Nasri would drop to the bench, if not leave). It's good but he can be dispossessed easier and takes more risks. He's a phenomenon this year and we should pay whatever it gets, I don't believe it's some sort of one-off either because of the variety and range of chances he creates.

I agree.

The reason I posed the question is that I have seen him drive through the midfield, something which neither Nasri nor Silva can do, and at 6" tall you would expect him to be dispossessed less easily than say Silva. Ideally I would want to have Silva in the middle free to roam and create, but in an Iniesta type role you would expect him to have to work much harder, whereas in a front 3 his defensive duties would be lesser, while allowing a player like De Bruyne to drive and work much harder through the middle. Of course, we would then have less advantage of De Bruyne's crossing, and in any case his passing accuracy isn't good enough (at least thats what I can tell by the stats - 75% accuracy in the Bundeliga is not good but again regular watchers will know whether that's a part of his game or whether the onus to create a lot and choose the difficult option too many times is a role imposed upon by the manager) to play through the middle.

In any case, the few times I have seen him and judging by reports, he would be a very good signing and his versatility will give us very good options

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.