De Bruyne?

Surely time for City to now politely move on from this transfer? What seems abundantly clear is that Wolfsburg are not keen to sell, definitely not to us and probably not to anyone. I imagine that the only thing which might cause them to sell is if he asks to leave, and we have to assume that if he was going to do then he would have done so by now. From our point of view it is clearly not an opportunistic signing, or one related to availability, such as Delph being available at a bargain price in a squad area where we had a vacancy - given the price we are apparently prepared to pay, and the length of time we have spent on the deal, then the club clearly see it as a key signing - BUT unless we are prepared to throw a shed load more money at Wolfsburg, and/or kdb is to ask for a move, then I cannot realistically see it happening, and if the club do see it as a priority signing, then presumably we do have a plan B, and must surely be ready to move to it very very soon?
Tempting as it is to agree with everything you say, I think we just have to stay with it to the end, bitter or sweet.

Surely time for City to now politely move on from this transfer? What seems abundantly clear is that Wolfsburg are not keen to sell, definitely not to us and probably not to anyone. I imagine that the only thing which might cause them to sell is if he asks to leave, and we have to assume that if he was going to do then he would have done so by now. From our point of view it is clearly not an opportunistic signing, or one related to availability, such as Delph being available at a bargain price in a squad area where we had a vacancy - given the price we are apparently prepared to pay, and the length of time we have spent on the deal, then the club clearly see it as a key signing - BUT unless we are prepared to throw a shed load more money at Wolfsburg, and/or kdb is to ask for a move, then I cannot realistically see it happening, and if the club do see it as a priority signing, then presumably we do have a plan B, and must surely be ready to move to it very very soon?

City meet there asking price they sell, otherwise we wouldn't still at the table. Have to admit it's getting on my tits tho.

Come on you can't say that we need to move on from this transfer. VW and Allofs have been nuclear and played with us ALL summer long! We can't just leave it like this, if we get him in the end, Allofs would be pissed and That's all I want. VW have won the battle by keeping him but We're gonna win the war by signing him in the end!

Wonder what's changed in a few years,we had no problems signing dzeko from them,is this cnut aloffs a recent appointment..

Probably watching us hand over 50m for Sterling. How people on this thread keep slating Wolfsburg's board without fully understanding the repercussions of vastly overpaying in that transfer is beyond me. Wolfsburg know what they are doing.

Wonder what's changed in a few years,we had no problems signing dzeko from them,is this cnut aloffs a recent appointment..
From what I remember being toldat the time, dealing with them over Dzeko was a nightmare. Think Khaldoon might have had to get involved.

We don't have a plan B because we don't need one. We just tore apart the champions a week ago, we don't need to add numbers for the sake of it, we are going after the 1% of footballers who can actually take the team to the next level.

And why would the club care if he signs yesterday or on deadline day? All that matters is he gets here, and they'll do everything they can until the deadline to make that happen.
Agreed - we're riding high, but come the cup competitions, a replay here or there, a back log of fixtures, a couple of inevitable injuries and the Christmas schedule, we might need depth and I mean quality depth. KDB adds that quality that's why the club want him nothing is being done for the sake of it.

We don't have a plan B because we don't need one. We just tore apart the champions a week ago, we don't need to add numbers for the sake of it, we are going after the 1% of footballers who can actually take the team to the next level.

And why would the club care if he signs yesterday or on deadline day? All that matters is he gets here, and they'll do everything they can until the deadline to make that happen.

Why people think we are walking round with £50 odd million burning a whole in our pocket is beyond me we want KDB for a reason, we are not in the market to buy for the sake of it

Probably watching us hand over 50m for Sterling. How people on this thread keep slating Wolfsburg's board without fully understanding the repercussions of vastly overpaying in that transfer is beyond me. Wolfsburg know what they are doing.
exactly, this is what i have been trying to say. If we paid £49m for Sterling, then paying £57m for KDB should be the easiest decision of the transfer window.

@City_Watch: SPORT BILD: A decision on Kevin De Bruyne is expected tomorrow. The likelihood is that City will fend off PSG and win the race.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.