de jong to go?

bookiesgirl said:
according to the stupid sunday mirror, hope there is no truth in it.
cant see it to be honest?!?!? he just said this week that he thinks we can be champions next season and after his performances last year it would be stupid to let him go.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Nigel-De-Jong-could-be-sold-from-Manchester-City-to-make-way-for-Yaya-Toure-article496043.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 96043.html</a>
De Jong to join SWP on City scrapheap

Published 23:00 26/06/10 By Simon Mullock

Nigel De Jong is set to become a shock casualty at Manchester City following the Blues’ £24million capture of Yaya Toure.

The Dutch international ­arrived at Eastlands just 17 months ago in a £16m deal from Hamburg.

But his future is in serious doubt after Roberto Mancini made Toure his first big-name signing of the summer after finally agreeing a deal with Barcelona for the Ivory Coast international.

City now have four defensive central midfielders – with Gareth Barry and Patrick Vieira also in Mancini’s squad – and Vincent Kompany has also been used in that role.

That could make De Jong surplus to requirements, even though he has become a cult hero with the City fans after some tenacious displays.

There would be no shortage of interest in the 25-year-old, who is anchoring Holland’s midfield at the World Cup.

Mancini is ready for a major clear-out of players once he has recruited the signings he has earmarked.

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed two weeks that Barcelona’s Brazilian full-back Dani Alves is on City’s radar, with the world’s richest club ready to pay £40m.

Alves’s arrival would ­enable Mancini to listen to offers for Micah Richards and Nedum Onuoha. Spurs want Richards, while Sunderland and Everton are ready to vie for Onuoha.

Fans’ favourite Shaun Wright-Phillips, who has failed to agree a new ­contract with City because of his wage demands, may find himself out in the cold if ­Valencia’s £30m-rated ­winger David Silva can be tempted to Manchester.

City also hope to tie up a £25m deal with Aston Villa for James Milner after the World Cup, which would signal the end of unsettled Stephen Ireland’s stay at Eastlands.

Liverpool and Everton both want the midfielder.

comes across as idle speculation. I don't think he's absolutely 100% nailed on to be here next year but there's nothing in this particular story as far as I can see. I could only see it happening if he was used as a sweetner for some mega deal.

I can really see him leaving if we get Toure.

I really really want him to stay like a lot of blues but there isnt room in the team for him, Barry and Toure all of which want first team football on a regular basis.

tell you who does like him... benitez. and mancini likes a few of the inter players.... I still reckon it's BS but, you never know.

kp789 said:
I doubt that, if it was between De jong and Barry I Barry would be replaced by Toure. Rotation will be important.

No he wouldn't Barry>De jong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.