Dead easy and tasty recipes

Salami and fruit salad for Summer.

Cook off some leek. Make sure you cut the leek like you would lettuce.
Add to bowl along with onion, salami, pear and pomegranate.

Use balsamic as dressing

Two slices of bread and lurpak butter (the lurpak is the important bit) filled with walkers cheese and onion crisps mmmmm.

Ingredients:
Water

Method:
1. Pour water into kettle.
2. Cook on cooker until boiled.
3. Turn off cooker.

Recipe for boiled water.

FISH PIE.

400gms of any fish, Cod Pollock Coley finny haddock(smoked) or salmon are good. Cut into 3cm chunks. Or buy a pack of fish pie mix, available at most supermarkets.

A handful of frozen prawns.

1 tin of Campbells condensed cream of celery soup. Cream of Asparagus or mushroom are also good.

5-6 medium potatoes

1oz of grated cheddar

Black or white pepper.

I broccoli

1 medium or 3 cherry tomatoes

Pour soup in pyrex dish rinse tin with a bit of water of water, stir into soup.

Add a sprinkling of pepper,and salt if needed.

Add fish and prawns. Peel and cut spuds, cut into quarters, add to slightly salted boiling water. Boil till a fork goes through spuds fairly easily, but don't overboil.

Mash spuds adding a splash of milk and small nob of butter( about size of 2 sugercubes) Use a spatula to spread mash over fish and soup.

Put grated cheese and thinly sliced tomatoes on top of mash.

Put in a pre warmed oven at 200° or gasmark 6. Cook about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and tomatoes nice and cooked.

Serve with boiled broccoli.

This makes 2-3 adult sized portions for less than a fiver.

My own recipe, Enjoy.
Thanks OP, I'll give this a try.

Why is it important to not overboil the potatoes? I usually do just that because it makes them easier to mash.

Stuff a chicken breast with spinach, smoked cheese and sun dried tomatoes.
Mix a sauce of mustard, dried Italian an herbs and wine vinegar, pour it over the stuffed chicken breast
Heat some olive oil in a skillet over a medium high heat and brown chicken breast/sauce for 4 minutes, turning occasionally
Put skillet in medium oven for 16 minutes.
Remove skillet from oven, remove chicken breast from skillet and allow to rest for 5 mins. Add a splash of noilly prat to skillet and mix with mustard sauce over a high heat. Add some more spinach to the skillet to wilt. Finally add some creme fresche, reduce heat to low and stir into sauce.
Pour over chicken breast and enjoy will salad or charlotte potatoes.
End to end, 25 mins for a gourmet quality meal.

It’s a pleasure

My favourite.

Chicken Cashew Stir fry

2 soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp rice wine or sherry (optional)
2 sesame oil
Salt to taste
1 1/2 cornstarch
500 g broccoli
2 chicken stock or water
2 to 4 pieces skinless chicken breast
2 vegetable oil
1 large red pepper
A handful of cashew nuts
1 clove of garlic, minced
3 scallions
1 1/2 fresh ginger, minced

1 chopping board
1 sharp knife
1 deep pot
1 slotted spoon
3 large plates for holding the chopped food
1 large jar for mixing
1 saucepan
1 wok or heavy non-stick skillet
1 ladle or wooden spoon

Step 1: Cut the broccoli

Chop the broccoli into bite-sized florets. Put them into a little salted boiling water and cook for 3 minutes until done but firm. Remove the broccoli from the saucepan and set aside.

Step 2: Cut the pepper

Cut the red pepper into thin strips and put to one side.

Step 3: Chop the scallions

Cut the scallions into thin slices and place onto a plate with the pepper and broccoli.

Step 4: Prepare the chicken

Cut each of the chicken breast pieces into thin strips and set aside separately.

Step 5: Make the sauce

In a jar mix the soy sauce, sugar, white wine vinegar, sesame oil, salt, cornstarch and chicken stock. Add the optional rice wine or sherry now. Shake the jar vigorously until everything is well mixed and set aside.

Step 6: Begin cooking

Heat the wok or skillet until very hot. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil followed immediately by the red pepper strips and cashew nuts. Stir-fry for a minute, keeping the ingredientsmoving to avoid burning, until the pepper is soft. Take off the heat and set it to one side.

Step 7: Add the chicken

Pour another tablespoon of vegetable oil into the wok, add the chicken strips and stir fry for about a minute until the strips are well seared. Take them off the heat and put them into the dish with the cashews and pepper.

Step 8: Add garlic, scallions and ginger

Pour the remaining tablespoon of oil into the wok and stir fry the garlic, ginger and scallions for about half a minute.

Step 9: Add the sauce

Return the red pepper, cashews and chicken to the wok, add the steamed broccoli and pour in the sauce. Cook while stirring for 1 minute until the sauce thickens and coats all the ingredients evenly.

Step 10: Serve

Serve immediately with white rice

1 pear
1 courgette
fresh pasta
200g Montagnolo

Steam the sliced pear and courgette (about 3 mins)
Boil the pasta and whilst draining add the cheese

15 min meal

FISH PIE.

400gms of any fish, Cod Pollock Coley finny haddock(smoked) or salmon are good. Cut into 3cm chunks. Or buy a pack of fish pie mix, available at most supermarkets.

A handful of frozen prawns.

1 tin of Campbells condensed cream of celery soup. Cream of Asparagus or mushroom are also good.

5-6 medium potatoes

1oz of grated cheddar

Black or white pepper.

I broccoli

1 medium or 3 cherry tomatoes

Pour soup in pyrex dish rinse tin with a bit of water of water, stir into soup.

Add a sprinkling of pepper,and salt if needed.

Add fish and prawns. Peel and cut spuds, cut into quarters, add to slightly salted boiling water. Boil till a fork goes through spuds fairly easily, but don't overboil.

Mash spuds adding a splash of milk and small nob of butter( about size of 2 sugercubes) Use a spatula to spread mash over fish and soup.

Put grated cheese and thinly sliced tomatoes on top of mash.

Put in a pre warmed oven at 200° or gasmark 6. Cook about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and tomatoes nice and cooked.

Serve with boiled broccoli.

This makes 2-3 adult sized portions for less than a fiver.

My own recipe, Enjoy.

My daughter has tried her best to get me to eat fish pie but I'm good with the fish and I have a pie every time I'm at the Etihad, but a 'fish pie'. It just doesn't sound right. I've made one with a recipe she gave me but Mrs Ewing and I ate it as though we were medieval monarch poison tasters. I don't think I will revisit fish pie.

My daughter has tried her best to get me to eat fish pie but I'm good with the fish and I have a pie every time I'm at the Etihad, but a 'fish pie'. It just doesn't sound right. I've made one with a recipe she gave me but Mrs Ewing and I ate it as though we were medieval monarch poison tasters. I don't think I will revisit fish pie.

Thank the Lord Harry i'm not the only one who feels like this about fish pie. Don't know why it's wrong, it just is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.