Dead Pool.

Watching Monty Python at the O2 on Glod - I'd have a couple of quid on John Cleese if I were you.

The first time I came across this , it was in the Highwayman in Whickham in Newcastle.
The Snuff Stakes they called it . There was a board of 100 names and everybody paid in there £1 a week religiously to the name they had been assigned.
We went there on New Years Day and a City lost 2-0 ( I think) and the pot then was up to over £3k .
I'm sure the Queen Mother was the unfortunate winner.

Clive Tyldsley,then we can reminisce about that wonderful night in casualty.
Clive James is odds on to joss it this year.

Not read past the first page, apologies if similar has been posted.

In my last job we had a Celebrity Death Club.

Upon joining people would pick 3 names, and they would go into a pool, each person would then draw out one name, £5 a month each until someone who has been drawn has died.

At one there was around 10 of us in it and one person won nearly £500, bastard, was a massively random one as well, natural causes tho as I remember.

If anyone selected what would be a dubious celebrity this would be voted on by the rest of the group to decide whether they could be entered into the pool.

Bruce Forsythe has to be close, he was missing strictly every week with a cold last year.

Id also go for Sebastian Vettel as a bit of an outsider.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.