Decisions even themselves out

I I

IH8MUFC

Over a season...

Since this old chestnut has been said for years can be interesting if it is true.

So since the season has just started it might be easier to keep count.

So far I'd say Liverpool have had a goal scored that was offside, 2 goals against wrongly chalked off. Be interesting if that evens out.

Feel free to add any other team to the topic....

Biggest load of bollocks it used to piss me off when Alan Hansen said it every other week on MOTD. I've seen us have terrible decisions throughout a season and barely got the rub of the green but one season under Redknapp we had a season of good luck. I wish we would have had the luck United had down the years where the refs/linos used to add on 7 minutes injury time every match

Surely someone keeps a record of this sort of stuff?

Anyway, you still can't say that because a goal was dodgy, the team wouldn't have won without it. A team wins 1-0 with a dodgy goal, but after the dodgy goal, the just defend the lead. If they hadn't scored it, they probably would have attacked more and might have scored a legitimate goal.

Ludicrous concept.
Decisions made by officials are not subject to the laws of statistics.
Even if they were a favourable/unfavorable decision when you are say 4-0 up( or down) has less impact if the same decision is made when the scores are close.

There used to be a website that had a league table based on if decisions had been called correctly. So they would show Liverpool losing 1-0 against Bournemouth and Arsenal rather than winning one and drawing 0-0. Can't remember what it was called though.

Biggest load of bollocks it used to piss me off when Alan Hansen said it every other week on MOTD. I've seen us have terrible decisions throughout a season and barely got the rub of the green but one season under Redknapp we had a season of good luck. I wish we would have had the luck United had down the years where the refs/linos used to add on 7 minutes injury time every match

For this to even itself out no team in the PL would ever be flagged offside and we would all have two penalties each half with resultant red to follow each time anyone played the scarlet vermin - for the next twenty years!

Over a season...

Since this old chestnut has been said for years can be interesting if it is true.

So since the season has just started it might be easier to keep count.

So far I'd say Liverpool have had a goal scored that was offside, 2 goals against wrongly chalked off. Be interesting if that evens out.

Feel free to add any other team to the topic....
If that were the case, it would have been
Liverpool 0-1 Bournemouth
Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool

and they'd be 4 points worse off. That's a hell of a lot over just 3 games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.