Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

This just doesn't worry me. Anyone else?

I think Declan is a good player. He certainly is good off the ball and breaking up attacks, etc... but in Arsenal where they will dominate the ball the majority of games, he's going to be asked to do things potentially completely out of his toolbox that wasn't required of him at West Ham... Even with England, I think he's far too reluctant to come and get the ball. Maybe he does have a killer pass and some goal-scoring ability in him but I certainly haven't seen it in his years at West Ham and with England.

In 2 years Odegaard will be better than KDB, maybe correct, in 2 years thogh we will have a KDB replacement coached by Guardiola, so he will be better than Odegaard. Unless of course it is Odegaard.
Thats one of the most simplistic takes ever ever seen. Guardiola has himself said they key to his success is having good players. He said so himself, 'I have had Messi and Haaland'. Gaurdiola doesn't 'make' these players. He never did turn Delph into Robert Carlos did he?

If KDB could easily be replaced, then there is nothing special about him. The idea about special players is they dont grow on trees and when it comes time to replacing them, its often incredibly difficult. Of the top of my head, there isnt one attainable player that could directly replace KDB in the short term.

Thats one of the most simplistic takes ever ever seen. Guardiola has himself said they key to his success is having good players. He said so himself, 'I have had Messi and Haaland'. Gaurdiola doesn't 'make' these players. He never did turn Delph into Robert Carlos did he?

If KDB could easily be replaced, then there is nothing special about him. The idea about special players is they dont grow on trees and when it comes time to replacing them, its often incredibly difficult. Of the top of my head, there isnt one attainable player that could directly replace KDB in the short term.
He’s taking the piss when he says that. A blind man can see that he makes players better, much better

This just doesn't worry me. Anyone else?

I think Declan is a good player. He certainly is good off the ball and breaking up attacks, etc... but in Arsenal where they will dominate the ball the majority of games, he's going to be asked to do things potentially completely out of his toolbox that wasn't required of him at West Ham... Even with England, I think he's far too reluctant to come and get the ball. Maybe he does have a killer pass and some goal-scoring ability in him but I certainly haven't seen it in his years at West Ham and with England.
It doesn't worry me because I can't see arsenal being anywhere near next year no matter who they sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.