Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are third behind Chelsea and United in the net spend league over the last 5 seasons to be fair. A good £260 million ahead of us. Before Arteta came along you spunked a lot of money on the likes of Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette et al.

To be fair, thats because you invested heavily before that, first into improving your squad, then into improving your structure.

That's not a criticism, it's a compliment, because buying and selling at the right time is an art form we've been poor at, and you're now up there with the best academy I'm the country which then through sales allows you to reinvest and keep your net spend down.

Again, the totally correct strategy, of course integrating the absolute cream like Foden into your first team

To be fair, thats because you invested heavily before that, first into improving your squad, then into improving your structure.

That's not a criticism, it's a compliment, because buying and selling at the right time is an art form we've been poor at, and you're now up there with the best academy I'm the country which then through sales allows you to reinvest and keep your net spend down.

Again, the totally correct strategy, of course integrating the absolute cream like Foden into your first team
This is true but everybody else takes a random bit of information to suit their narrative so I thought I’d join in.

When Sheikh Mansour took over City the football political landscape was a bit different. We made our mistakes early with the likes Robinho, possibly even Adebayor but there was only a certain level of player willing to join so they were stepping stones. I think Newcastle will benefit heavily and achieve success more quickly and with less pain than we did by looking at our early mistakes.

It’s going to be an extremely interesting summer and there’ll be surprise packages in the Prem next season. How will we cope after a treble and a squad refresh? Can Arsenal build on last season? Will United continue to get PGMOL support to be average? Can Klopp refresh Liverpool on a budget? Can Pochettino sort out the Chelsea debacle? How will Newcastle cope with European football? Will Spurs be……well…..Spursy?

'Obscene'

We have only breached 50m on an individual signing once in the past 4 years and that was Ben White. Ever since the Pepe failure we havent gone big on a solitary signing.

How can it be obscene when a 100m signing has been done by both yourselves and Chelsea?
100 million for a DM / CM is obscene. But you have Chelsea to thank for that with the signing of Enzo. Our signing of Grealish for that money is a little different in terms of his position as an attacking player and also his marketing.

You should absolutely be judged on your spending over the last half a decade, just as we are relentlessly.

Our "world class second team" is basically just Arsenal.
Why Because of Zinchenko and Jesus?

I hope your not counting Arteta as a City man just because he was an assistant of Pep's. Arteta played 6 seasons for us and was our club captain at one stage, and even Pep said Arteta never celebrated City scoring against us.

I hope your not counting Arteta as a City man just because he was an assistant of Pep's. Arteta played 6 seasons for us and was our club captain at one stage, and even Pep said Arteta never celebrated City scoring against us.
No, it's because Arteta and Arsenal are basically Pep and City light.

Its pretty tiring having to celebrate so often
BTW As we beat the Arsenal three times (treble) in one season do we get to keep you?

How will we cope after a treble and a squad refresh? Can Arsenal build on last season? Will United continue to get PGMOL support to be average? Can Klopp refresh Liverpool on a budget? Can Pochettino sort out the Chelsea debacle? How will Newcastle cope with European football? Will Spurs be……well…..Spursy?
Reminded me of this
109236844a0c0f6a4d_medium.jpg

Still hurting I see. Just for the record you wanted Arteta out in his first season so don’t give me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.