Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way i see it is, Rice is probably about the level Partey is right now and it's taken Partey (& team) a while to understand what Arteta needs. Rice will probably become a better player but it will take time there, they 100% need him more than us and the 6 being so important in both teams makes it understandable why they are going all out for him. For us i think there are other options, its a good to have and gives us a different dynamic & maybe another way of playing, for them though its a MUST.
I think Txixi will be in discussions today to find out the structure of the Arsenal deal, seeing whether its worth it for us or not. I really don't think we will be entering into bidding wars, but the most confusing thing is that we must have got the go ahead from Rice's team that we are at the very least equal in where Rice wants to be next season. We don't go for players who we aren't the first options for, anymore.

Last edited:
This is getting interesting, we obviously made a bid that was rejected and now the Arse have a British record bid in. I wonder if and when our next bid will go in and how much? I would assume match Arsenals but over a shorter period, any higher and I think we should walk away.

Nah, but neither was Grealish. We have the money and there aren't many players we want, so you can see why sometimes we pay over the odds to make sure a deal gets done.
Don't understand why people compare this deal to the Grealish one, the only thing similar is the fee and the nationality. Unlike Rice, Grealish was one of the best players in the league and a real contender for being PL player of the season. Most also thought we needed to upgrade Sterling. Rice just plays regularly for a mid-table team that parks the bus and have a big head which makes sure he is an England international regular since he plays in the one position England doesnt have an abundance of good players.

I have no issue with the club spending big on players like Grealish, Gvardiol or Haaland (even if the fee was small). But paying 100m on what I think is a small upgrade on Phillips just seems like a waste of money. If England had a top level DM so that Rice wouldnt start every game for the national team he would probably be valued at half of that 100m+.

I don't think they will be able to reduce the number of years - have a look at their net spend figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.