Defensive Injuries

kippaxchris

Anybody think we might see Boyata on the bench now Demichelis is injured as surely Pellegrini noticed what happened with Garcia being the stand in defender at Cardiff or will he still use Garcia as the sub defender? Will he be stupid enough to trust Garcia as the centre back again if a substitution is needed or did he sign Demichelis after what he seen at Cardiff?

The other possibility is Richards, but he has not played regularly since the start of last season

Defence should not be an issue if City's midfield is as strong as we are used to - that is the key to defending against Stoke. Keep the ball and stop them getting free-kicks around our box.

BlueBlood84 said:
Only time will tell. Not that I'm a big garcia fan but I don't think he was at fault anymore than any other player in the cardiff game.
I'd go as far to say that he was the best player in the back four that day. Zaba was at fault for every goal so on the logic that if we should go off the Cardiff away performance we should certainly not play Zaba at all next week.

Caveman said:
BlueBlood84 said:
Only time will tell. Not that I'm a big garcia fan but I don't think he was at fault anymore than any other player in the cardiff game.
I'd go as far to say that he was the best player in the back four that day. Zaba was at fault for every goal so on the logic that if we should go off the Cardiff away performance we should certainly not play Zaba at all next week.

Well we certainly shouldn't be using him to man mark the best header of the ball that's for sure.

Hughes is getting them to play a bit more on the ground I hear...but they still have power in the air. I don't think Mancini ever played Nastasic vs Stoke. Always Lescott. Maybe vs Stoke we could get away with Javi and Lescott at the back

Does it sound totally stupid if we were to put Yaya at CB next to nastasic ? Would it work ? And by work I mean would he be better than Garcia

UnknownGenius said:
Hughes is getting them to play a bit more on the ground I hear...but they still have power in the air. I don't think Mancini ever played Nastasic vs Stoke. Always Lescott. Maybe vs Stoke we could get away with Javi and Lescott at the back
That's who played in the FA Cup there last season after Kompany went off injured early on.

bobmcfc said:
Does it sound totally stupid if we were to put Yaya at CB next to nastasic ? Would it work ? And by work I mean would he be better than Garcia
Not stupid, he played CB for Barca against utd in the champs final.. Played well too

For me its a no brainer, If Richards is fit play him there alongside Nastacic, if he is not fit play Rodwell there alongside Nastacic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.