Derby day ticket criteria

Here we go again blaming the loyalty points system
When are you all going to learn if City stopped taking 30% of the away ticket allocation to give to corporates,travel agents, supporters clubs and various hangers on there would be a lot more tickets available through the loyalty points system
I guarantee you another 1000 tickets would have gone on sale, which would probably have meant tickets getting down to the 15000 points level.
There's only one fair system and that is everyone buys thier own ticket when they reach thier loyalty points bracket
But it ain't going to happen, because money talks

The problem is the corporates, end of. The money they pay for the most expensive parts of the Etihad entitles them to the privileges offered there. Away entitlement should be on loyalty points only.

He didn't say that
And you haven't addressed his post.
Mates do go together, and so do families, unlike united, so how would you solve the issue he raises.

There is no solution that would please everyone. The points sysem is a closed shop for people "who have earned them". As far as not getting a ticket with your mate argument, that's simply crass.

That's my only reservation about the points system as it stands.

In the interests of fairness I'd look at a 5 year rolling period.
So this year the points from 2012-13 onward would be valid but points before that would drop off.
I still think the people right at the front would be where they are but it would give other people (youngsters, people who had to take a break because they had kids, etc.) a chance of catching up.

General point, (not aimed at you mancitymick) Swansea away is still on open sale.
I'm pretty sure that 99% of people on 17K+ will already have their ticket for this one.
I think that rolling 5 Year period idea is excellent

5 years 10 years rolling plan ,it doesn't matter
Those at the top now will still be at the top

5 years 10 years rolling plan ,it doesn't matter
Those at the top now will still be at the top

I know, but it's less daunting trying to catch someone with a maximum of ~12K points than someone with 20K points.

It's also doable. It addresses the problem for someone trying to catch up.

That would be me I think.
Wife and I go to vast majority of aways. If we applied in a ballot and one got one then the other got a different game we'd end up just turning them down. Then not bothering going to Sunderland/Swanse mid week for the Carabou cup, or Swansea mid week in the league and instead of a smaller crowd it would be a pitiful crowd.

Exactly this. Those moaning about the points system and demanding a ballot aren't the ones who turn out for Swansea and Sunderland away midweek in the League Cup. They just want tickets for the Rags and other big games. Sick of hearing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.