Derby post match thread 10/09/2016

I'll tip my hat to Kolarov too, wanted him out the door and as far away from us as possible in the summer. What a difference, what a player!

Also seemed to be the only City player big nose didn't go near to try throw his weight/elbows at.

Would you pick a fight with Aleks?

I know I fucking wouldn't!

They still don't know how to play their best players because Rooney can't be dropped and he completely damages their team. They've got the likes of Mata and Mkhitiryan who could create chances but Rooney is occupying their best position.

I suspect plenty of rags would agree with you. As it stands, he is undroppable as well as being above the laws of the game.

To be fair, he does show some enthusiasm for his conversion to slow-mo hoofballer in his twilight years.

I suspect plenty of rags would agree with you. As it stands, he is undroppable as well as being above the laws of the game.

To be fair, he does show some enthusiasm for his conversion to slow-mo hoofballer in his twilight years.

Rooney won't be dropped any time soon. He has been one of their "better" players for last couple of games and till the time he plays United will not be a force to reckon. He disturbs their 4-2-3-1 as it pushes Pogba into that 2 and one of the mata/mkhi warms the bench. Even if they play 4-3-3 their fans are salivating about, he will either be thursted wide or zlatan warms the bench. A player throwing hissy-fit over Messi taking his position wont like rooney doing the same.

Other thing to note is Mourinho is not as tactically flexible as he used to be , he mostly struck to 4-2-3-1 later when at Madrid and didn't change it at Chelsea last year when everything was falling apart around him. He kept on playing players out of position ( ivanovic at RB , matic and fabregas as the 2) even when everyone else saw that was not working. So i am not so sure he will be reverting to 4-3-3 anytime soon. Pogba excelled at Juve in a 3-5-2 when he had vidal and pirlo/marchisio with him ( and a bank of 3 great defenders). I remember Mou saying the team wont adapt to Pogba and i dont think he has the tactical nous for a midfield 2. They will lose a lot of games of they don't change. The meltdown will be enjoyable to watch.

Nah come on. It was an excellent volley. The ball was above waist height and he controlled it superbly and we had two players on the line that would have blocked it but for his accuracy for the top corner.
Okay but it certainly didn't warrant "spectacular" as that implies it was a 25 yard screamer that whistled into the top corner! I definitely don't think it was as good as people are making it sound and I don't think that's my blue tinted glasses talking either

Sat with my dad in the Taggart Stand on the understanding that I kept my head down, which I didn't have a problem with. The last two away derbies I attended in his seats we won 6-1 and 3-0 and in many ways I enjoyed this even more.

Particularly enjoyed the Ibrahimovic disallowed goal, as I seemed to be the only person in my vicinity to spot that Clattenberg had blown up for it.

Fortunately I had the presence of mind at that point to cast my eyes upon the happy faces on my row, including my old man's, and anticipate the joy evaporating from their person, to which they duly obliged. Confusion was followed by crushing disappointment.

I just about managed to keep my face straight and helpfully point out to them the reason the goal was disallowed.

I'm always happy to provide assistance to others.
I like you.

Pep's been a cheeky chap this week! Allegedly ;)
pepmeister_1_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Sat with my dad in the Taggart Stand on the understanding that I kept my head down, which I didn't have a problem with. The last two away derbies I attended in his seats we won 6-1 and 3-0 and in many ways I enjoyed this even more.

Particularly enjoyed the Ibrahimovic disallowed goal, as I seemed to be the only person in my vicinity to spot that Clattenberg had blown up for it.

Fortunately I had the presence of mind at that point to cast my eyes upon the happy faces on my row, including my old man's, and anticipate the joy evaporating from their person, to which they duly obliged. Confusion was followed by crushing disappointment.

I just about managed to keep my face straight and helpfully point out to them the reason the goal was disallowed.

I'm always happy to provide assistance to others.

It's good to show your caring side.

I trust you pointed out to pater that you were surprised that our defence was only being subjected to an aerial assault a la Allardyce in the 2nd half, or that the only legitimate shot on target they managed from open play was due to the generosity of our goalie dropping the ball at Zlatan's feet? One expected something rather more sophisticated - given that their team was the most expensive ever assembled, and was rumoured to contain the world's most expensive player.

Beijing Red 4 Lyf ‏@Beijingcasuals Sep 10

FUKING YES!!! NEARLY TORE MY HALF AND HALF SCARF IN TWO CHEERING THAT GOAL!! SLURPY NOODLE ERUPTS IN JOY! WE
2764.png
MANCHESTER. NOW COME ON UTD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.