Derby v City 3/12/77 Cheated out of a point?

Healthcare29

Saw this the other day & my opinion the ref was wound up all game by Hartford & so took retribution by cheating us out of the equaliser, Cancelled out Tueart's 'injury' time goal by saying he blew for full time a split second before, according to Tony Book the ref played 20 secs of injury time, what a .... Did he ever ref a City Match again? Derek Civil? Edit. He did...

Big match highlights (near the end)

Tony Book's comments

Last edited:
Before it even got to the actual event, noticed a few times players leaving a bit in on Asa, no wonder he was pissed off, feisty little fucker when he had to be.

Oh yeah, looks like the ref was a cheating twat.

To my shame I don't remember this....seems to be well up there in the top 10 shaftings we've had.

I particularly noted the commentary saying 'we'd had very little injury time'.

Asa throwing the ball in the ref's face just before a free kick late in the game after being required to move the ball back five yards probably didn't help the cause either. He was clearly frustrated with the ref for much of the game. He'd have been sent off for a second yellow these days....

Remember that prize twat Anthony Wilson laughing about it on Granada Reports. I thought at the time you silly f****r you work in Manchester you have just painted a target on your back. One of the most outrageous injury time decisions we have ever suffered along with yesterday and Bournemouth 3 3 in the Bradford promotion season.

I was there and we all thought it was a draw. Until the tannoy explained that the little Hitler prick Thomas had blown as the ball was going in.
Gave me my first real taste of injustice
It wasn't Clive Thomas, it was Derek Civil reffing. Thomas did it in the World Cup at the end of that season, denying Brazil a headed winner against Sweden by blowing for time as the ball was in the air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.