Despite the win, there is 1 problem

Mat01706 said:
Mad Mario said:
ade and tevez clicked straight away

When did that happen?

when they both scored, set up and just generally played well in the 1st two games of the season at blackburn and wolves. they were immense together. everyone forgets that ade just scored less than tevez last season, despite missing nearly half the season and not taking pens.

I think there is another problem. Can someone explain why they leave a game 10 minutes before the end when we have a slender one goal lead and are a man short against a team that carried a genuine goal threat. Is the concept of supporting the team completely lost????

I hope Mancini is on to this problem. I am sure he logs on here for some tactical tips every now and again :)

Been mentioned in the Sunday People with Mancini "apparantly" qouting

ROBERTO MANCINI had a furious late touchline bust-up with matchwinner Carlos Tevez at Eastlands.

Striker Tevez blew his top when substituted a few minutes from the end of 10-man Manchester City’s 1-0 win over Bolton Wanderers and had to be ­restrained by team-mates.

The bust-up underlined the growing rift ­between City stars and their Italian boss – who incredibly labelled his players “selfish” and claimed that had he been playing against Owen Coyle’s Bolton side he would have scored a hat-trick. Trouble flared on the day it emerged that the great Eastlands exodus will be kicked off by the departures of striker Emmanuel Adebayor and former England defender Wayne Bridge.

Mancini, who expects Real Madrid to swoop for Adebayor and will allow Bridge to move to West Ham on loan, said: “We were too selfish. We shot when we could have passed. If I’d played I would have scored two or three goals.”

The Italian laughed off his row with Tevez, whose fourth-minute goal earned City three points. “I am happy about this,” he said. “I would like all of my players to be like Carlos. At the moment every player wants to stay on the pitch.

“I needed players like Mario Balotelli to stay on. He has more height than Carlos. He was going to be better at set-pieces.”

City had to hang on doggedly for victory after full-back Aleksandr Kolarov had been sent off in the 79th minute for two yellow cards.

Tevez picked up another booking, which means both he and Kolarov will miss next week’s match at West Ham.

That should theoretically give Adebayor and Bridge the chance of a starting role but Mancini has already made up his mind that they are surplus to requirements.

Mancini has struggled to juggle his top-heavy Eastlands squad and can’t wait to jettison half-a-dozen high-earners after Christmas.

Former England left-back Bridge will have to swallow his pride and go out on loan to struggling West Ham but there will be surprise at the identity of the club ready to rescue Adebayor’s career.

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho, humiliated by his side’s 5-0 thrashing at Barcelona on Monday night, has just one fit striker in Karim Benzema after Gonzalo Higuain was ruled out for three months with a broken leg.

The former Chelsea gaffer will meet Real sporting director Jorge Valdano this week to discuss a move for City flop Adebayor, who joined Eastlands from Arsenal in a £25million switch 18 months ago.

The Togo striker is also wanted by Spurs and Juventus, but the lure of the Bernabeu will be hard to resist.

Fellow City sub Bridge will also be waving goodbye to Eastlands even before the Christmas decorations come down.

The 30-year-old former Chelsea full-back, who has started just one Premier League game for City this season, is desperate for first-team action.

His £90,000-a-week salary has put off potential suitors but West Ham believe City will contribute towards his wages if they take him on loan – just as they continue to bulk up striker Craig Bellamy’s pay-packet while on loan at Cardiff.

Relegation-haunted Hammers face competition from Blackburn – and a move to Ewood Park would mean Bridge would not have to uproot from his north-west home.

Fallen City heroes Shaun Wright-Phillips, Roque Santa Cruz, Shay Given and Joleon Lescott are also on Mancini’s hit-list.

there seems to be a pattern with some city fans

as one player comes good in a position then we seem to have to start to criticise the other players that play in that position.

it happened with swp and AJ....as soon as AJ came in swp wasnt good enough any more.....

now as soon as we have bought balo the criticism of ade started and now tev is the problem. I find it ridiculous that people on here are criticising tev's performances!

it will take GAME time for the partnership to come good. both tev and balo are fantastic strikers and given time their onfield relationship and understanding will develop.

both tev and balo are and will become even more very improtant players for us

More:

While Mancini was pleased they kept the pressure on the leaders he despaired at the number of chances that went begging.

Mario Balotelli and David Silva both saw efforts come back off the woodwork at Eastlands.

Mancini said: "You can say we had some bad luck but we must improve. Sometimes we are too selfish.

"We had maybe 15 chances to score. When you have a lot of chances you think the game is easy.

"You shoot when it is better to pass the ball. We must improve this situation. It means you can draw when you should have won by three or four goals.

"It was the same at Stoke where we deserved to win but we drew. When we have a chance we must score. If I had played today I would have scored two or three goals."

So like a good manager, he is aware of the issue :)

Yeah i think there is still probably an element of distrust there, or maybe Tevez and Balotelli are selfish players. Over the last 3 or 4 games, we've squandered 7 or 8 chances for a tap in by not looking up when in good positions. It'll all come though.

Abit of time and an arse kicking and job'll be a goodun, nowt to worry about.
I would be more worried if we wasnt getting into those kind of situations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.