DETAILS OF WHO OWNS OUR CLUB and OTHER INVESTMENTS

JUSTBLUE08

I hope this may help as i keep seeing questions as to who owns us in detail and HOW MUCH ARE THEY WORTH .

IN addition the family have interests in most of the media of which ARAB NEWS is a top source having links to our owners .

Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan

Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan is one of the sons of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and is a member of the Royal Family of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

He is thought to be worth well over £33 billon since his family assets stretch to a combined £322 billion. The Royal Family also own a very big oil company, which is the biggest oil refiner in U.A.E., in addition to the Royal Palace, which is worth between £6-8 billion.[citation needed]

Sheikh Mansour has a number of responsibilities and undertakings in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. In the current UAE Federal Cabinet, Sheikh Mansour holds the post of Minister of Presidential Affairs for the country's President, his brother, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan. In addition, Sheikh Mansour serves as the Chairman of First Gulf Bank, and as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Zayed Charitable and Humanitarian Foundation. Sheikh Mansour has established scholarship programs for U.A.E students to study abroad.

He is also chairman of the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) and Chairman of the Emirates Horse Racing Authority (EHRA).

He is married to Shaikha Manal bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, daughter of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime minister of UAE and the ruler of Dubai.

Sheikh Mansour is an accomplished horse rider and has won a number of Endurancesss Racing tournaments held in the Middle East.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan is now the majority share holder in Manchester City football club, however, since his recognition as club owner, Manchester City have found themselves in the bottom half of the Premier League, bringing some fan resentment towards Sheikh Mansour in his confidence shown towards Mark Hughes. The Sheikh's representatives have expressed their confidence in the manager and he will be in charge for the January 2009 transfer window. On January 1, 2009 it was announced that Sheikh Mansour was allotting £100 million towards incoming Manchester City players in the winter transfer window alone. Premier League officials have criticized this move, claiming that it is inflating transfer fees.

It has been confirmed, that as of 31st October 2008, Sheikh Mansour holds 16.3 percent of the second biggest bank in Britain, Barclays, by investing £3.5 billion together with other Middle East investors, and saving the bank from government bailout by injecting £7.3 billion.[1]

Austin, Simon (2008-09-02). "Arabian might at Eastlands". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved on 2008-09-14.

[edit] References
^ Gulfnews, November 01, 2008 <a class="postlink" href="http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Banking_and_Finance/10255900.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Bankin ... 55900.html</a>]

I just wish a lot of posters here would try not to specualte on Arab wealth..I work in that line of business (Inter´l wealth management) so I can assure you that no one from the press got access to any info about Royal family wealth in any arab country.

The TOTAL assets owned/controled by the Al-Nahyan family is between $2-3 Trillion (post-crisis), and they hardly carry any debt at all. The lions share of that or $1.6 trillion is IMF estimates on value of the Oil and Gas fields they own using a five year average of selling prices compared to production costs...Not that they would sell them.

The reason people gets confused is because they look at the ADIA SWF (Sovereign wealth fund owned by Abu Dhabi) money which basically is stocks, bonds and treasury bills that have been bought to provide a little nest egg for the future, alas..the £550bn ADIA is post crisis just worth around £400bn so they are hurting like everyone else *pmsl*

Of course the members of the Royal family got some pocket money as well, these private monies can be up to $30-50bn in the most senior cases shrinking to mere billions when we reach non-important members of the family.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97300&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=S04&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/vi ... 4&start=20</a>

Well, as we have seen there have been a lot of speculations and unfounded rumours about our owners, partly that is because they are in another part of the world, partly because they are rather secretive meaning that we in general don´t know that much about them.
To help anyone looking for info I have decided to take it on myself to provide as much info that I feel is necessary to give the average fan some understanding of our new owner/s.

I´ll start here..with Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan and the close group of full brothers he belongs to, the Bani Fatima (sons of Fatima) named after the late Emirs favourite wife who still is regarded as the first Lady of the country and commands a lot of respect.

Being a leading member of the ruling Al-Nahyan family in Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mansour is of course enormously rich and powerful. He´s the minister of presidential affairs which basically is a modern term for a Royal chamberlain given that the Emir of Abu Dhabi (his half brother Sheikh Khalifa) is de facto president of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
What makes him even more influential is that he´s one of the six rather close knit brothers that make up the "Bani Fatima" fraction of the Al-Nahyan family who many regards as the real power behind the throne in todays Abu Dhabi.
Their leading member is Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Al-Nahyan who is the crown prince of Abu Dhabi, he´s also very much the architect behind the modernisation of Abu Dhabi and UAE in general. He is very much the military commander of the whole UAE apart from being the richest man in the country according to rumours. As his trusted sidekick and man in charge of making things happen we find our chairman of the board, H.E Khaldoon Al-Mubarak..!
Following him in progenity we got Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al-Nahyan who formally is the deputy prime minister and very much runs different government agencies.
Next is Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, imagine a man in charge of both MI5 and MI6 and you might guess what kind of man this is even if his official title is "National security advisor", he´s also a big guy in the UAE banking community as chairman of the second biggest bank in Abu Dhabi.
Let us now look at the more enigmatic Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al-Nahyan who have a multitude of different titles, Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Emiri Flight Authority is one but his most important job is being chairman of Royalgroup, a holding company for the whole Bani Fatima that amongst the 30-40 companies they own we can find HYDRA properties, headed by none else but our old friend Dr Al-Fahim...!
The youngest sibling is Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al-Nahyan who heads the ministry of foreign affairs which is surely no picnic in such a volatile region.

Well, there we got a short presentation of Sheikh Mansour and his five brothers, the reason I presented his brothers are that I very much suspect that they are the stakeholders in ADUG who basically seems to be run as a parallel organisation to Royalgroup (their main holding company) while Sheikh Mansour might be the guy "in charge" of City I feel that they are most likely all involved in the venture as silent partners, the reason for this is the involvement of the different advisors and executives that mainly work for one of the brothers normally.

About Sheikh Mansour himself we might add a few tidbits, He´s married to Sheikha Manal woman Mohammad Al-Maktoum, daughter to the ruler of Dubai and not a bad artist (sculpture and paintings) They got two young children who everyone adores.
Our Sheikh himself is a keen sportsman when it comes to horseracing and often competes in endurance races which is the sport of choice for nobles in the gulf.

Well, that´s all for today..
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102167&hilit=s04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/vi ... &hilit=s04</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.