DHL Scams

Otamendi's Beard

I ordered a training top from the club's official site recently and have been absolutely hounded by some scammers.

Pretending to be DHL, they've posted a note through my letterbox asking me to call them, they've called me, sent me an email and even sent a letter (with the Stichd logo) asking me for loads of information. They say it's for HMRC purposes and can't release my parcel until it's been provided.

But I've already received my fucking parcel!!!

I'm not sure if they've hacked DHL and got a load of order numbers (as they seem to have all the order info and invoice number) or I've fallen foul to some phishing scam (I've definitely not given anything more than contact details), but it's getting on my tits.

Anyone else had this after purchasing through the club? Not saying it's their fault but they're connected at this stage.

These scammers have gone to an awful lot of effort on this which is pretty scary.

I ordered a training top from the club's official site recently and have been absolutely hounded by some scammers.

Pretending to be DHL, they've posted a note through my letterbox asking me to call them, they've called me, sent me an email and even sent a letter (with the Stichd logo) asking me for loads of information. They say it's for HMRC purposes and can't release my parcel until it's been provided.

But I've already received my fucking parcel!!!

I'm not sure if they've hacked DHL and got a load of order numbers (as they seem to have all the order info and invoice number) or I've fallen foul to some phishing scam (I've definitely not given anything more than contact details), but it's getting on my tits.

Anyone else had this after purchasing through the club? Not saying it's their fault but they're connected at this stage.

These scammers have gone to an awful lot of effort on this which is pretty scary.
They only need to catch a few to make it worth their while, and it's statistically very unlikely that they'll get caught. These kind of scams don't have a very long shelf life, maybe a couple of weeks or so, and then the scammers move on to another scheme. This is how they avoid getting caught.

Have you reported this officially anywhere? Trading Standards, the club, DHL?

They can't act if they don't know about it and the more people that do the less likely it will be to continue and will happen to someone less vigilant.
Not yet but I'm going to go through DHL's fraud department. Feels like it's a leak from them.

They only need to catch a few to make it worth their while, and it's statistically very unlikely that they'll get caught. These kind of scams don't have a very long shelf life, maybe a couple of weeks or so, and then the scammers move on to another scheme. This is how they avoid getting caught.
It's the organisation of it that's worrying. I'm a naturally suspicious person so have checked it thoroughly, but the effort into the documentation is fairly sophisticated and would fool plenty.

The wankers need stopping.

It's the organisation of it that's worrying. I'm a naturally suspicious person so have checked it thoroughly, but the effort into the documentation is fairly sophisticated and would fool plenty.

The wankers need stopping.
These individuals and organised gangs are probably running many different scams at the same time. Their methods will be the same for each scam, just the front end will differ. They use multiple firewalls, disposable phone numbers and well trodden methods of shifting shady money around.

They rely on the fact that because the crimes against individuals are relatively low value that the authorities are unlikely to expend any resources in tracking them down due to the costs involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.