Diamond formation

uwe rosler 28

Couldn't see a thread on formations and didn't know where to put this so mods put in any thread you feel it needs to be in. So does anyone else think the diamond formation is the way forward for us at the moment? Or do you think it would give us a lack of width for and against and would to many players get in the way of each other? I think it would be perfect for us to play it with these players

...............................................................................HART........................................................................................

..........................................OTTA.....................................................MANGALA.....................................................

SAGNA.........................................................FERNANDO...............................................................KOLAROV......

................................YAYA...........................................................DELPH/DINIHIO...............................................

......................................................................SILVA..............................................................................................

................................AGUERO........................................................KDB.................................................................

I dunno, Uwe, it realy depends what you want to do with it? Like... what system?

Call me a generaliser but without any specific tactical approach, I can only see that kind of formation is always going to stifle one's own attack in favour of a more solid defensive base. Which completely goes against our squad's abilities and will mess our football up. But again, I'm not sure what you're thinking in terms of tactics, so I could be jumping the gun.

Whatcha thinkin bro?

I was thinking of starting a thread myself about formations, as daft as it sounds I feel our issues stem from having too many quality players and the manager feeling he has to rotate in order to accomodate them.

I would love to see us beef up the defensive aspect of our midfield but also give Kun more support. I was thinking along the lines of,

-----------------------------------------------------------Fenando-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Delph-----------------------------------------Dhino--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------Silva or KDB-----------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Aguero------------------Nacho--------------------------------------------------

The work rate of the three in midfield would help the back 4 no end and the front three would still be
very potent.

But then you are left with the potential situation of having, Yaya, Sterling, Silva or Kdb, Navas, Bony, on the bench.

Just a thought on formations, i have always wondered if we could go with a back 3 provided we could get good defensive cover in front of them.

Managers, players, pundits and fans alike have the incredible gift of over complicating a simple game.

4-4-2 with two wide men offering pace and balance and two midfield terriers offering the protection the back 4 needs and the support when attacking.

its a very simple game at the end of the day it really is.

Couldn't see a thread on formations and didn't know where to put this so mods put in any thread you feel it needs to be in. So does anyone else think the diamond formation is the way forward for us at the moment? Or do you think it would give us a lack of width for and against and would to many players get in the way of each other? I think it would be perfect for us to play it with these players

...............................................................................HART........................................................................................

..........................................OTTA.....................................................MANGALA.....................................................

SAGNA.........................................................FERNANDO...............................................................KOLAROV......

................................YAYA...........................................................DELPH/DINIHIO...............................................

......................................................................SILVA..............................................................................................

................................AGUERO........................................................KDB.................................................................

The full backs would have to have a very good day At the office and the yaya sagna combo could be very problematic, dinho would need to take toures place for me

---------------------------------------------Fernando---------------------------------------

-------------------------Yaya------------------------------Fernandinho-----------------

De Bruyne--------------------------Aguero----------------------------------Sterling

Managers, players, pundits and fans alike have the incredible gift of over complicating a simple game.

4-4-2 with two wide men offering pace and balance and two midfield terriers offering the protection the back 4 needs and the support when attacking.

Yep I agree, however when the manager gives one of the midfield terrier roles to Yaya and also wants to start with Silva we are left with a truely soft centre.

Navas dinho delph sterling is good in a 442, kdb toure dinho silva is bad in a 442, mp is more likely to pick the second, 3 at the back is the Bly way I can see that gets sterling,toure,kdb and silva into the team, navas could play wing back could sterling?

Delph Dinho
Navas Kelechi Sterling
Kun

Then bring on Silva , KDB, Toure for the last 30 mins to replace the players having a bad game. It really is that simple.

Navas dinho delph sterling is good in a 442, kdb toure dinho silva is bad in a 442, mp is more likely to pick the second, 3 at the back is the Bly way I can see that gets sterling,toure,kdb and silva into the team, navas could play wing back could sterling?

I agree he would go with the second 4 normally but its only bad because of the mental attitude by some of those players to what they are being asked to do.

Right now id go Sterling, Delph, Fernandinho and Navas. Its balanced and has pace out wide and it has work rate going forwards and back. If KdB and Silva want a part of it as they should, id be happy as fuck as they are two world class players and would bring far more to the table right now but not if they just stand around doing fuck all off the ball, as is the case right now.

You pick a winning team, we are not Real Madrid and their galactico's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.