Did anyone get a parking ticket

denislawsbackheel said:
go to the link with the general defence guidelines. It is definitely true that you are under no obligation to pay. For instance you are under no obligation to let them know who the driver was and the contract to park is with the driver not the keeper of the vehicle. If someone else is insured to drive your car like a partner you're laughing. They will try it on but in law all they are entitled to is reasonable compensation for lost revenue so if it was a free car park tell them to sod off.

ok thanks phone call should be funny

just thought i would update on this,i did call them and told them to get fucked and i have never heard anything from them so it was good advice to ignore them,watch this i bound to get somethin in the mail in the morning now,cheers for the advice

bluemoon27 said:
just thought i would update on this,i did call them and told them to get fucked and i have never heard anything from them so it was good advice to ignore them,watch this i bound to get somethin in the mail in the morning now,cheers for the advice

If you do just keep ignoring it. They are highly unlikely to do anything. They simply rely on people coughing up without question. Happened to my missus a year ago after she parked in the Peel Centre car park in Stockport, paid for a ticket, but didn't display it. We ignored all threats and nothing happened.

Also, if their letters are made to look like a court summons, then this is a criminal offence and should be reported to the police.

The stuff on the Pepipoo site gives you all the ammo you need to defeat these dodgy bastards if they come back at you.

Same happened to me on a pub car park in Ashton (on the cinema complex), they can't prove who the driver is and so can't enforce any ticket. They won't take it to court they will just hassle you with a few letters but will eventually go away. Best advice is not to even contact them as this gives them the thought you are wavering. They gave up with me as well eventually. Consumer Action Group web site gives you some good advice as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.