!?!?!? did we get knocked out of europe lastnight?

City Raider said:
not many teams stroll through to win a cup like this - at some point they look like they're going out but somehow manage to turn things round

this might be where we're at if we hold our nerve...unfortunately the last bit can be said as much about our fans as well as players

I think the problem is that we've seen nothing to suggest we'll turn it around. If we'd been playing well all season, or even recently then I think we'd be alot more positive. However, the reality is that we've been fairly indifferent in the first half of the season, and looked pretty poor since Jan.

we need a performance this season to prove our team has REAL character and fight,which i don,t think we have this season....thursday MUST be it......

Weve made it hard for ourselves, but if we match results from 4 of our last 6 home games were through to the next round.

Clean sheet is a must, we can score against that lot.

The problem with this manager and every flaming manager since 1976 is that his City side never wins the important games. This fact and the fact that we are not playing well means it's highly likely we are out.

Hope I am wrong.

Lets hope the players believe they can do it............some of the fans on here give up very easily.........some of you need to man up a bit get off your keyboards and roar the boys on to victory next Thursday anyone remember being 3 nil down at WHL and down to 10 men?

Probably, hopefully not.

My problem is when some of the players give up and the manager appears unable to get them to respond, it doesn't fill me with any great hope. Unfortunately I can't get on there and do it for them and supporting them in person last night didn't appear to motivate them either. Their appreciation for the City fans was somewhat disgraceful at the end. So I will be there next Thursday, regardless, giving them my full support. Perhaps we'll have a full house, but I doubt it. We have two season changing fixtures, Reading and Kyiv, if the players aren't up for it then season over.

As good as out for me.

We've been wank since the start of the New Year and not many teams reverse a 2-0 in Europe.

Hope I'm wrong cause you still can never tell with Citeh

Last night we were done by two goals that for me were against the run of play , Kiev played on the counter like they planned and it worked for them. But this game is far from over , it is a different game in Manchester , we will have a lot of the chances and just need to convert them as that is how Kiev play , they sit back absorb it and break , it is a risky game . If we go at them all guns blazing at a fast tempo from the off then we can still go through . It will not be easy by any stretch of the imagination , they are a good team but on our day , we are better . I remember a few years ago , we played aalborg and went there after the home game with a 2 goal lead only for it to be cancelled out to 2-2 and then we won on penalties . A 2 goal lead can be overturned and we can take it to extra time if need be , we could even win it on the night if we play like we know we can . We are still in the competition and are in with a shout , so believe . If we don't get through , fair enough it will be dissapointing , but it takes a lot of the fixtures off our list and stops all the congestion and we finally get some rest. We go through , great , if we don't oh well the world carries on turning.

the game is far from over we dont want to get to half time though at 0-0 we need an early goal. the other thing concern me is puttin so much into thursday to win is havin to play chelsea on the sunday. dont think were goin have to much left in the tank thats a massive game to finish third we can not get beat full stop

We're up against it but we still have a shot. Dynamo are a good squad but so are we, and with a good gameplan and some inspired performances we are capable of beating them the same way they did us.

I understand that our performances of late...and umm, the last 30 years or so...have been disappointing, frustrating, and downright unbearable. But we're all in the same boat in that regard and coming on here constantly whining and complaining isn't doing anyone any good. At the end of the day we have a shot at top 4, the fa cup, and the Europa. None of us could have ever dreamed of that just 4 years ago and we shouldn't be so quick to forget that. We will continue to improve and sooner rather then later we will get there.

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Otherwise...fuck it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.