Diego Carlos

Same as KK - he's a right footer, playing on the left in his current team.

T'Pau is a left footer - which definitely isn't what we need given we have Laporte and Ake in the squad.

Also the same as Maguire who we wanted last year. right footer on the left.

I wonder if that's a natural consequence of the technically better, more intelligent CB's being put on the left to accommodate less technically able right footed partners in teams that don't have a left footed/right footed combination.

Also the same as Maguire who we wanted last year. right footer on the left.

I wonder if that's a natural consequence of the technically better, more intelligent CB's being put on the left to accommodate less technically able right footed partners in teams that don't have a left footed/right footed combination.

Spot on mate - it's almost like there's a plan that's being followed here!

I get the feeling that we'll buy KK for €75m or lower if Napoli come to the table, but if they keep demanding €80-90m then we'll just activate this lads clause, and there's nothing Sevilla can do to stop it so no need to negotiate.
All part of the dance. Napoli have brought so many players in and have so many issues that they’ll need to come to the floor. I still think we’ll pay €45m and give Zinchenko.

Carlos is so inexperienced, comparatively, that he’s not even a decent bluff from us. Expect that we’ll be ‘linked‘ with a more experienced centre half in the coming days, one that might initially sound bizarre but have just enough plausibility about it to make ADL uneasy.

Is Upamecano not going anywhere?
Upamecano would be such a good signing. He got all the right attributes to succeed, pace, ball control, intelligent. We already got an experienced center back in Laporte, I do not see why we need an older guy next to him? I think he still got a release clause at around £55m in his new contract, could be a bargain considering he is 21 and is maybe the hottest prospect at center back in the whole world. They are keen on Angelino as well, so we can make ourselves a really good deal here.

All part of the dance. Napoli have brought so many players in and have so many issues that they’ll need to come to the floor. I still think we’ll pay €45m and give Zinchenko.

Carlos is so inexperienced, comparatively, that he’s not even a decent bluff from us. Expect that we’ll be ‘linked‘ with a more experienced centre half in the coming days, one that might initially sound bizarre but have just enough plausibility about it to make ADL uneasy.

Just offer 30 mil & agree to keep Zinchenko then.

Just signed a new deal at Leipzig - barring a very unlikely set of circumstances, he won't be going anywhere this summer.
He only extended to show his respect for the club, he reportedly got a release clause close to 50 million

"RB Leipzig were under threat to lose Upamecano for free, as his old contract only ran until 2021. Speculations about a sale were therefore persistent. But now the player is bound to RB for two more years until 2023. According to Bild, a release clause amounting to up to €50 million was agreed. The same amount was considered to be set in Timo Werner’s contract before he moved to Chelsea for €53 million."

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/upame...-like-in-werner-rsquo-s-case/view/news/366956

Just offer 30 mil & agree to keep Zinchenko then.
Cruel.
If that deal doesn’t go through, you’ll have another few years of those pretty short passes to enjoy/suffer. ;-)
Napoli have so many gaps to plug that someone of Zinchenko’s versatility could be highly useful. We’ve evidently used Otamendi as ballast in the Torres deal, so I‘d expect the same if we get Koulibaly.

Spot on mate - it's almost like there's a plan that's being followed here!

If there are no real quality right sided defenders, I'm not sure why a left sided one, who is talented, can't learn to play there & occasionally lump the ball from right to left, with his left foot. I can understand why Carragher couldn't, of course...

Amazing these guys can get away with having one foot to kick with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.