Diego Carlos

Signed a new contract last week so he is definitely not going anywhere
He only extended to show his respect for the club, he reportedly insisted that he still got a release clause close around 50 million in his new contract. Werner did the same before signing for Chelsea!

Looks a lot like Garcia in that he is not the biggest and is not a beast but can play it about like a midfielder.

I can see why the interest. Maybe this is the guy we wait on and hope Stones / Otamendi can move on.
He's much faster than Garcia, much much stronger than Garcia, and also aerially dominant unlike Garcia. + he also plays with agressiveness and his distribution is excellent. In that way he's very similar to Koulibaly given that they're both complete defenders. Great backup target to have if we can't agree a fee on Koulibaly

Looks a lot like Garcia in that he is not the biggest and is not a beast but can play it about like a midfielder.

I can see why the interest. Maybe this is the guy we wait on and hope Stones / Otamendi can move on.
I must be watching the wrong guy looks the opposite of Garcia to me.Big,strong no nonsense type with decent pace. Only similarity I can see is that they both look comfortable on the ball.

Friends who support Sevilla say he is off. Sevilla buy South Americans cheaply and sell them dear. This is how they operate apparently.

He's much faster than Garcia, much much stronger than Garcia, and also aerially dominant unlike Garcia. + he also plays with agressiveness and his distribution is excellent. In that way he's very similar to Koulibaly given that they're both complete defenders. Great backup target to have if we can't agree a fee on Koulibaly

If it were my choice, I’d have Carlos over Koulibaly - He’s younger, he looks more direct / aggressive, as far as I’m aware he’s generally injury free (??corrections welcome), he’s on the up and he’d be coming her invigorated off the back of storming season (whereas KK would coming here under a dark cloud off the back of a meh season, by his standards). And he’s available at a much better price.
What’s not to love?

I’m guessing for fun though and I won’t get out of shape if we don’t get him.
I know that the club are better at assessing player worth than I’ll ever be.

Last edited:
Never been capped by Brazil which i find strange saying he’s 27 years old, maybe he’s a very late developer, watched him the other night against Roma, he’ll have to temper his going to ground and looked a bit rash at times but looked quick and is a big solid ****, there is definitely a dearth of talent at centre half in world football though.

I remember the same being said about Fernandinho and Laporte for their countries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.