Diego

bonespost

Manchester City were last night putting the finishing touches to a £15million bid for Werder's Brazilian midfielder Diego.

Diego is reportedly unsettled at Werder and is very keen on a move to the up and coming outfit.
Werder's officials were refusing to comment last night but released a short statement saying "These rumours are completely false, we will not be selling Diego" although this was followed up with "But every player has his price, we shall see"

City are reportedly willing to offer the 23 year old playmaker wages of around £80,000 a week in a bid to find their replacement for Elano who is on his way to Lazio.

Diego has been quoted as saying "I would love to sign for a team in the Premier League, it is a tough league, probably the best in the world. Some of the worlds best players play there and id love to test myself against the best.

Didsbury Dave said:
How many playmakers do we need? It is possibly the only area where we don't need anyone!
We certainly need more than Robinho and a misfiring Elano...this boy from Brazil is a midfield dynamo of the Juninho/Ardiles/Kinkladze mould, which we presently lack in my view. Yes please and 15million would be a bargain, especially as Werder Bremen may well be one of the teams standing in the way of our UEFA Cup ambitions.

zeusbheld said:
*if* City sign Diego that would seem to lend substance to claims that Elano is on his way to Lazio.

I wouldn't complain about that sort of arrangement

Elano is not happy and it would appear Hughes doesn't rate him so it would be best for all to move and we also get a replacement in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.