Digital Tickets

bladdered

Just find it very strange that the club have not provided more information about digital tickets replacing the cards. Assuming that is where they intend to go. This will be a massive change that will impact on loads. Now would be a good time to explain how it will all work. Can see lots of pros and cons but leave it to the first home game without a better understanding and it will be fckin bedlam.

I'm generally good with digital tickets, although I did try to board my last flight from Manchester with a digital ticket from Piccadilly to Euston. No problem on Northern trains now I've sorted where the return from Hebden Bridge to Littleborough is buried, but the likelihood of a fault-free season at The Etihad, if we ever get in, looks pretty remote to me.

Nothing against digital tickets in principle either. It's City I have reservations about.

The uefa app and the ability to transfer tickets through it has worked well for me during the Euros. Bluetooth worked, ticket activated easy access at the turnstile. And I hate uefa and wanted it to fail.

But this is City. As with many other things my fear is that it'll be poorly tested, poorly executed and those assisting fans on the day will be learning on the job too, but at every single game.

Nothing against digital tickets in principle either. It's City I have reservations about.

The uefa app and the ability to transfer tickets through it has worked well for me during the Euros. Bluetooth worked, ticket activated easy access at the turnstile. And I hate uefa and wanted it to fail.

But this is City. As with many other things my fear is that it'll be poorly tested, poorly executed and those assisting fans on the day will be learning on the job too, but at every single game.

100%. I foresee it being an absolute shambles. In previous seasons I've always breathed a huge sigh of relief when my seasoncard worked OK at the first game. This coming season I reckon I'll have to go through that at every match.

Digital is the way to go. I use it for everything else in my life but City have a terrible track record with technology and the website remains sub-standard. It should be as easy to use as banking or buying off Amazon or other ticketing sites which sell a lot more stuff than we do. We are lucky to support a club which is world-class in every way apart from dealing directly with its customers.

Went to the Oval for the ODI on Thursday where there were big queues despite 50% capacity- took 45 minutes to get in. The idea was to check COVID passports as well as digital tickets but they didn’t actually read the QR code from the NHS app, just looked at your phone. I heard someone say they’d shown the Young’s app for ordering drinks- as long as there was a QR thingy visible that was enough.Their handheld readers seemed to take quite a while to register the digital tickets as well.

At the Everton game I had the e-ticket on my phone and NFC turned on but neither the handheld scanner on Joe Mercer way nor the turnstile could communicate with the phone.
The ticket had a "show code" feature and once pressed this was recognised, implying the scanners and turnstiles can read the embedded QR code.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.