Dilemma Dilemma

Graceyboy

My 5 year old son plays football every Saturday morning with his local club, and he's pretty good for his age with a wicked left peg. Yesterday, when his mum took him, a scout approached her to ask if He would be interested in joining his club for extra tuition. Absolutely superb recognition for his hard work. However, the scout was from Utd. How unlucky is that. What would other Bluemooners do?

Graceyboy said:
My 5 year old son plays football every Saturday morning with his local club, and he's pretty good for his age with a wicked left peg. Yesterday, when his mum took him, a scout approached her to ask if He would be interested in joining his club for extra tuition. Absolutely superb recognition for his hard work. However, the scout was from Utd. How unlucky is that. What would other Bluemooners do?

I would check-in with City's equivalent and see if they are interested. If not, go with it.

Just go with it mate...it happened to me with my son, he was 6 at the time he is now coming to the end of U14s and has just been given another 2years taking him to the end of U16s
Go with it and let your son enjoy it, take each 6 weeks as they come,

It doesn't stop him supporting the blues we are both season ticket holders, just take it for what it is quality coaching and training and if he does get a chance to sign for them at U9 and stay with them the experiences he will get playing in different countries etc are well worth it, my son has played all over Europe in tournaments and is of to Holland again at the end of the month having just got back from Turkey last month

So let your boy enjoy it but take it for what it is extra training and keep your feet on the ground and take it one step at a time, also if Utd have expressed an interest you can be sure other clubs will, my lad was scouted by City too at the time but didn't enjoy it when he went which broke my heart, but i couldnt force him you have to take them were there comfortable
So bear that in mind, good luck and go with the flow who knows where it could end

big blueballs said:
Just go with it mate...it happened to me with my son, he was 6 at the time he is now coming to the end of U14s and has just been given another 2years taking him to the end of U16s
Go with it and let your son enjoy it, take each 6 weeks as they come,

It doesn't stop him supporting the blues we are both season ticket holders, just take it for what it is quality coaching and training and if he does get a chance to sign for them at U9 and stay with them the experiences he will get playing in different countries etc are well worth it, my son has played all over Europe in tournaments and is of to Holland again at the end of the month having just got back from Turkey last month

So let your boy enjoy it but take it for what it is extra training and keep your feet on the ground and take it one step at a time, also if Utd have expressed an interest you can be sure other clubs will, my lad was scouted by City too at the time but didn't enjoy it when he went which broke my heart, but i couldnt force him you have to take them were there comfortable
So bear that in mind, good luck and go with the flow who knows where it could end
'
Good advice. My Great Nephew , who plays for Citys' under twelves, was originally scouted by Everton, he loved the coach there and when City came calling was very reluctant to leave them. However, his father threatened to beat him to within an inch of his life if he didn't join City, (only joking) and he too has been all over Europe. Let him join the Rags, if he wants, at this stage the experience will be enriching for him.

That's not a dilemma. You can't potentially stifle a possibly very lucrative career for your lad because of club loyalties. Plus, if he's good enough he can always switch over to City when he's older. Look at it this way if it makes things easier: United can pay for all his development and City can get all the benefit when it matters!

Graceyboy said:

I'd immediately inform MCFC that the RagArses have been sniffing around and would they like first refusal. If they say no, then tap up Everton, then Burnley, Rochdale, Oldham, Frickley Colliery . . . . . . . . . . . . .Levante, Getafe, Nordstaelling, Hannover, Dresden, HuangDong. If all that proves fruitless, tell him netball is a good game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.