Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
robbieh said:
Mister Appointment said:
We should be miles ahead of them?

Even though they have the most expensive squad in the league, the highest wage bill, and a manager with more trophies and more European success than ours.

With respect you're just chatting shit for the sake of it.

Two points.

I admit di Maria, Falcao and Van Persie cost a lot but in case it has escaped your notice their current form is being achieved wthout much input from them. Their starting XI yesterday had Blind and Herrera as newcomers. And are you really telling me that back four should hold a candle to ours?

Secondly you seem to be saying Van Gaal is a better manager than Pellegrini.

Herrera played in midfield. Blind is a better defender than Kolarov.

YOU were saying its a disgrace how close to us they are. Your argument has proven to be shit since they have a higher wage bill than us and have outspent us in the last few years AND are the only side to have won the title other than us in the last four or five years.

Didn't say he didn't. Said he and Blind were the only two yesterday that weren't at United last year. You didn't respond to my second point. Do you think VG is a better manager.?

robbieh said:
Mister Appointment said:
robbieh said:
Oh how we laughed about the hapless Van Gaal. What a joke of a manager we all said. Let's hope they don't sack him said others.

Well currently 2 points behind us. Either he is having a very good season or Pellegrini a very bad one.

Yesterday's back 4 for United. Two full backs, not their normal positions with Smalling and Jones in between. A static midfielder called Carrick. A fairly useless one called Fellaini. Remember they have had a lot of injuries as well as wasted a lot of money. Yet somehow VG has got them 2 points behind us. They went to Anfield with a plan unlike us. OK they were helped by Gerrard's insanity but they still got a result.

I repeat they are 2 points behind us after everyone saying how awful they are. Now you tell me how well Pellegrini is doing. What it tells me is that VG knows what he is doing even if it is not pretty. He knows how to get a result.

We have a far more settled squad with far better players. We should be miles ahead of them.

Chelsea are also far from convincing and yet 6 points ahead with a game in hand.

Basically the team has underperformed big style.

We should be miles ahead of them?

Even though they have the most expensive squad in the league, the highest wage bill, and a manager with more trophies and more European success than ours.

With respect you're just chatting shit for the sake of it.

Two points.

I admit di Maria, Falcao and Van Persie cost a lot but in case it has escaped your notice their current form is being achieved wthout much input from them. Their starting XI yesterday had Blind and Herrera as newcomers. And are you really telling me that back four should hold a candle to ours?

Was a bit of a head scratcher that one. Apparently we should not be miles ahead of ManU though for most of the season we were at least comfortably ahead; in fact due to them spending more and having a more successful manager finishing behind ManU this season is no disgrace.

Its been a funny old season.

GaudinoMotors said:
So the wattering down of expectations continues.
United now have better players, a better manager and it's ok to finish behind them?

Some of you need your expectations watering down. ;)

GaudinoMotors said:
So the wattering down of expectations continues.
United now have better players, a better manager and it's ok to finish behind them?

We are going to win the 4th place Cup! Don't know about you but I'm excited.

Come the Palace game, we will be in fourth position, that's when the pressure we have put on ourselves and the manager will be crystalised.

In addition, we have afforded United the luxury of the derby being a cup final with regards them overhauling us this season.

Basically, we need to win at Palace and avoid defeat to that shower of shite to at least secure third position.

robbieh said:
Mister Appointment said:
robbieh said:
Two points.

YOU were saying its a disgrace how close to us they are. Your argument has proven to be shit since they have a higher wage bill than us and have outspent us in the last few years AND are the only side to have won the title other than us in the last four or five years.

Didn't say he didn't. Said he and Blind were the only two yesterday that weren't at United last year. You didn't respond to my second point. Do you think VG is a better manager.?

LVG is a top manager with a very expensive squad so he should be expected to do well. I have always expected that he would win some trophies with the Rags (although it won't be this season) and I have always felt that his reign there would eventually end in tears. Hopefully, I will be wrong on the first count but it could go the other way.

Is LVG better than Pellegrini? I really don't know but he is a different animal and has had a different career. LVG is more likely to try a variety of approaches than Pellegrini. I'd like Pellegrini to be more pragmatic but his brief is to play attacking football etc and one of the reasons I assume he got the job is because he is prepared to plough that furrow even when the going gets tough. It might not please people on BlueMoan but let's see if it continues to please his bosses when we ge to the end of the season.

OB1 said:
robbieh said:
Mister Appointment said:

LVG is a top manager with a very expensive squad so he should be expected to do well. I have always expected that he would win some trophies with the Rags (although it won't be this season) and I have always felt that his reign there would eventually end in tears. Hopefully, I will be wrong on the first count but it could go the other way.

Is LVG better than Pellegrini? I really don't know but he is a different animal and has had a different career. LVG is more likely to try a variety of approaches than Pellegrini. I'd like Pellegrini to be more pragmatic but his brief is to play attacking football etc and one of the reasons I assume he got the job is because he is prepared to plough that furrow even when the going gets tough. It might not please people on BlueMoan but let's see if it continues to please his bosses when we ge to the end of the season.

He is better than Pellegrini. His CV is the proof.

How did we do against the rags this season ? we won because they got a man sent off .. if you watch the game again youll find they were difficult to play against before the sending off. we got lucky , but we may not get lucky in the second derby.

Why do we care about the Rags results? They were shit and are shit. Everyone knew during that period where De Gea was stealing points left and right papering over their cracks that the results at the end of the season would flatter them. I'm now supposed to be surprised when that happens? I hope they feel they've built something over there so they aren't as aggressive this summer. There's still a ton of work to be done over there, our piss poor run of form doesn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.