Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-2-3-1?

sagna kompany mangala kolarov
fernandinho toure
de bruyne silva sterling
aguero

We have set up like that from the start. I think De Bruyne comes in for Navas.

That right there is one hell of a team.

I might buy the book that the article quotes extracts from, because I still feel like I don't know that much about his background, even though this is his third year as our manager.

I might buy the book that the article quotes extracts from, because I still feel like I don't know that much about his background, even though this is his third year as our manager.
I think he has been ignored by the media because he does not have the entertainment value of others, and mainly because he ignores them

I think he has been ignored by the media because he does not have the entertainment value of others, and mainly because he ignores them

I think it's partly that, and partly because he's a fairly private man. He doesn't really court attention.

I'm going to preface this by assuming we win the league...

If he doesn't get a fourth year it'll be an absolute travesty. I don't even know how it makes sense for there to even be any room for discussion. Three titles in three years (maybe an extra cup, or two to bolster that even more). You all know about his holistic approach so I won't bring up those details as it's accepted that it's one of his biggest additions to the team. He plays attacking, aggressive football which is paramount to growing our fan base in the american market that's ripe for the picking. A new manager would probably want to adjust tactics, which would be a negative in the short term because it's time spent doing something new rather than improving on what you've been working on for years now. Why not continue trying to perfect your approach? You know where you stand with it.

Bringing in Pep would put stress and excess pressure on the squad. I think you could argue that being a good or bad thing but totally unnecessary risk for me. Not that wages are a massive deal for our glorious owners but that's another factor. Perhaps those funds could be allocated towards improving the squad?

I can't for the life of me figure out why it's so common to replace managers after two or three years in football. Having a statistics background leads me to believe owners/media/fans are too results oriented with a sample size of one or two years in replacing managers. There's an adjustment period for managers too. They're very intelligent people, they're aware of the mistakes they made and should have a better idea than anyone at the adjustments that need to be made. I remember when rumors were flying that Pep was going to take over this year. Imagine if we let MP go. This new manager might have had different preferences on the signings we've made. The one's we added look to be absolutely perfect at what we need at this point in time. A 10-0 GD with a 4-0-0 start would be pretty damn difficult to replicate.

It put's doubt in the players mind as well because they're a direct piece of the puzzle that lead to the change. Why add to the potential for squad tension and unrest?

Am I totally out of line here? I'm really open to discussion on this stance by the way. Constructive criticism is appreciated. I still have a lot to learn about the game/culture of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.