Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think I've ever seen a manager decide to play without a recognised striker on the pitch with one sat on the bench . . . At a total loss to understand that one

We were arguing about guordiola acheivements and ability, point is not wheather they would employ big sam or not, point is he would have won the german league as well with bayern squad or you think he wouldnt? There is a difference between having few world class players and having a whole squad including the best player in the world? Based on our current squad, how many of our players you think would make barca or bayern 1st team? Aguero,silva,debruyne, kompany and toure arguably, ? And how many bayern n barca players would make our starting 11? I dont want to answer....moreover manuel didnt inherited a cl winning team, and in his 3rd seazon we are finally able to say atleast now we can compete at european stage with the big boys which is not his fault that it took so much time, cant get my head around this that what manuel has done this season to deserve talk of being replaced, top of both tables, and still in the cup
What makes us now able to compete with the "big boys" this season, a win at Sevilla? I'll wait to make that claim.

Also, there is no arguing Guardiola's achievements and ability. They're there for all to see and not many managers come anywhete close, certainly not Pellegrini.

Pellegrini inherited a Madrid team with Ronaldo did he not? What did he win? Would Big Sam have won something with Ronaldo, Benzema, Kaka, Alonso etc? Why is it OK to say Pep had Messi and co and easily won everything but not a manager who had Madrid's squad? I wonder what the difference was both domestically and in Europe....

If it's about Pep and his achievements, then why bring up Allardyce at all? You did that, not me. Because you were trying to be smart, emphasis on trying.

Last edited:
I'm not for a second suggesting that he be our next manager, but it was a breath of fresh air seeing Pochetino having the courage to bring on an 18 year old with a few minutes to go in the Arsenal vs Spurs match today. Can anyone ever imagine Pellegrini having the balls to do that?

we didn't look in danger all match and should of scored at least two goals, or should pellegrini get on the end of those crosses that sterling and de bruyne fucked up, thats 6 wins and two draws in the last 8 matches, top of the league, through to the knockouts of the champs league, in both cups, some people really haven't got a fucking clue, and that's without, sergio, silva, nasri, delph, zaba, clichy.

Spot on. For all those calling for Pellers to be thrown out after today, can you remind us all what you posted about him after Seville

Manuel had one year at madrid, one and had no real power over signings which was evident with kaka signing and still managed to post record tally of points till date for madrid, yes manuel had ronaldo but do you seriously think he is better than messi? And man for man barca clearly had a better squad.

I brought up sam because guaordiola hasnt managed to acheive anything spectclar at bayern or has he in your opinion? We can have blowmoon poll on this wheather sam would win the german league or not with bayern squad.? I am pretty sure results might surprise you

So you don't think we should have brought a centre forward on before the 87th minute?

That's not something I've argued.

I was defending the decision to bring on Navas ahead of Iheanacho as the first sub. It proved to be the right call as Navas set up two golden chances and we should've won the game in those moments.

However, I'd agree that Iheanacho should've been given at least 20 mins and for me it would've been either Toure or Fernando who got the hook.

Still, Pellegrini was highly unlucky that his first decision didn't pay dividends, as on another day those would've gone in and we wouldn't be disputing whether a striker was needed.

We were arguing about guordiola acheivements and ability, point is not wheather they would employ big sam or not, point is he would have won the german league as well with bayern squad or you think he wouldnt? There is a difference between having few world class players and having a whole squad including the best player in the world? Based on our current squad, how many of our players you think would make barca or bayern 1st team? Aguero,silva,debruyne, kompany and toure arguably, ? And how many bayern n barca players would make our starting 11? I dont want to answer....moreover manuel didnt inherited a cl winning team, and in his 3rd seazon we are finally able to say atleast now we can compete at european stage with the big boys which is not his fault that it took so much time, cant get my head around this that what manuel has done this season to deserve talk of being replaced, top of both tables, and still in the cup

Some really naive people in here . If guardiola becomes available tomorrow and wants to come here our owners will have no problems sacking pellegrini the next day . there is a reason pellegrini did not get a top job after real sacked him .There is a reason guardiola got the bayern job in the first place and they got rid of a club legend who won them the treble to get him .the reason is that pep is better than pellegrini. Do u really think it is easy manage a team full of top players where u have keep every player happy and manage their ego's especially the ones who are not playing regularly .

I am still to see pellegrini do what top manager do that is make this team better than sum of its parts and get the best of all the top players .
I don't think we could have won our game against seville playing with pellegrini 's tactics with our best 11 starting .

Manuel had one year at madrid, one and had no real power over signings which was evident with kaka signing and still managed to post record tally of points till date for madrid, yes manuel had ronaldo but do you seriously think he is better than messi? And man for man barca clearly had a better squad.

I brought up sam because guaordiola hasnt managed to acheive anything spectclar at bayern or has he in your opinion? We can have blowmoon poll on this wheather sam would win the german league or not with bayern squad.? I am pretty sure results might surprise you
He had one year at Madrid with a squad of world class players, the same thing you're using to beat Pep over the head with. Why is there such a wild disparity in how they're accountable?

In his first year at Barca, what did Pep win? Just the treble. In "one year...one".

Again, you're bringing up Sam for God knows what reason when you said it's nothing to do with him, best stop trying to be cute.

Pep > Pellegrini, and there's no shame in that whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.