Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Sabella - Strong Rumours - Link Page 3

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
I'm not saying for one moment that Sabella is coming or indeed that Pellegrini is definitely leaving but it sounds like decisions will be made this week.
Probably by 6pm tomorrow if the first team plays to it's usual standard.

Re: Alexandro Sabella - Strong Rumours, Do you fancy him?

dobobobo said:
'Strong rumours' being broadcasted in the middle of the night is what I was laughing at.

I don't care who we get for the iterim or if we stick with Pellegrini, so long as we get Pep for the long term.

Oh okay, thanks I get it.

I was more commenting on the quality or validity of the information, it I felt it was stronger than "Un named sources" or "sources close to" etc..... But understand where you're coming from.

If we are after an interim I feel I am siding with many on here who suggest Paddy would be as good as anyone. Paddy has experience of the Premier League and the English game though no management at that level against someone who has limited experience at management at this level though none in the English game.

Risk either way...

We could go for Pep this summer, or next summer, or the summer after that.
Pep, Pep, Pep fucking Pep. Has he ever indicated he'd like to manage City?
Bayern will dominate in Germany for many years, their coefficient means they'll continue to get relatively easy CL groups so qualification for the knock-out stages is pretty much guaranteed. He's seen the crap brought in to City by Sorry-Arse-No and Burger-Stain since we won the league in 2012.
Why are so many assuming he'll be coaching us in the next couple of years?

blueinsa said:
blueplan said:
The solution is obvious. We do not need to replace MP or our top players.
and spend another £200m and fail FFP.

Think outside the box. We need to tweak our GK situation.
To wit @ Selhurst park, Crystal Palace scored 2 goals on 3 shots on target. Very poor % of saves by our GK.

As it is our opponents are sussed to our weakness. Parked the bus and score on the minimal chances that are afforded by our inability to stop or make the saves. Further making it more difficult for us to score by entrenching their parked bus.

Give it a fucking rest will you about our goalkeeper.

He is the least of our issues.

Borderline pathetic. Actually, it's right over the bastard line and into the pathetic zone.

East Level 2 said:
Bayern will dominate in Germany for many years, their coefficient means they'll continue to get relatively easy CL groups so qualification for the knock-out stages is pretty much guaranteed. He's seen the crap brought in to City by Sorry-Arse-No and Burger-Stain since we won the league in 2012.
I would settle for anybody who could get the best out of the current squad, as Pellegrini has demonstrated that he can't.

Let's be realistic about this and understand why the rumours of Pellers replacement are hitting giddy heights.
If, God forbid, we lose again on Sunday the powers that be will have the terrible unenviable dilemma whether to stop the downward spiral with an immediate temporary new manager or allow Pellers to hopefully get us over the line in the top four ( three preferably ).
Personally not sure about Sabella's style of play but with so many Argies in the squad who knows.
The truth is we must, for many reason, qualify for the CL. Big decision to be made by the owners.

Gray said:
East Level 2 said:
I would settle for anybody who could get the best out of the current squad, as Pellegrini has demonstrated that he can't.
That may be why people want Pep, but it's no guarantee he's interested.

Damanino said:
JamesTenOne said:
If Pellegrini does go, and the rumours re Pep coming next summer are true, I'd love us to get Bielsa in for a season.

I don't think Sabella is a very good fit in relation to the aesthetically pleasing attacking football the club is looking to play.

Bielsa would bring back the speed and the fight that seems to have dropped out of the team lately.

With the resources we have and him in charge we'd probably be the best team to watch in Europe (at least until all the players get knackered).

Pep also calls him the best manager in the world and would probably revel in taking over a side already instilled with the Bielsa philosophy.

Then Txiki wouldnt pick him. Its quite clear that he only picks someone if that manager has the needed style thats very compatible with the way we want to do it...

That kind of assumes Txiki has final say in the matter.

Which would take us even further down the rabbit hole...

We do need to replace Pellegrini as he has demonstrated this season that he is incapable of getting the best out of the current squad.

We all know that they are better than the results and performances are showing.

BobKowalski said:
Damanino said:
JamesTenOne said:
If Pellegrini does go, and the rumours re Pep coming next summer are true, I'd love us to get Bielsa in for a season.

I don't think Sabella is a very good fit in relation to the aesthetically pleasing attacking football the club is looking to play.

Bielsa would bring back the speed and the fight that seems to have dropped out of the team lately.

With the resources we have and him in charge we'd probably be the best team to watch in Europe (at least until all the players get knackered).

Pep also calls him the best manager in the world and would probably revel in taking over a side already instilled with the Bielsa philosophy.

Then Txiki wouldnt pick him. Its quite clear that he only picks someone if that manager has the needed style thats very compatible with the way we want to do it...

That kind of assumes Txiki has final say in the matter.

Which would take us even further down the rabbit hole...

I think the bloom is definitely off the rose at the moment...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.