Ditching Sky

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gaudion M, 31 May 2016.

1. Paulmcfc2703

Paulmcfc2703

Can't you upgrade the broadband to Fibre? I'm assuming sky to a Fibre

2. markbmcfc

markbmcfc

Zgemma, and a good IPTV sub is your best bet I think.

IPTV for the HD sports and if it is a bit dodgy with speed issues you have a reliable SD alternative.

3. Thaksins Love Child

Thaksins Love Child

It is fibre, my internet connection is decent. 40mb down 10 up or thereabouts.

4. waspish

waspish

I watched the game with this app no problems

http://apk.livenettv.xyz/

5. Pleatfooted

Pleatfooted

Slave
  6. Paulmcfc2703

Paulmcfc2703

I watched it on sanctuary on kodi last night and had a cracking pic

7. Ditched Sky for BT last week due to the malarky with Discovery only to find last night it was on again. Went groveling back this morning.....

8. ColinLee

ColinLee

That's unlimited fibre I'm guessing? I've been talking to them today about the rise in line rental and the best I was offered was £30 with the setup waived (still £9.99 P&P mind). Couldn't even get a calls package off them.

There's no HD+ anymore, for new customers you'll pay £49.50 for the basic TV plus Sky Sports with a one off £15 cost. That's with a 1TB Q box but you do get a £75 pre-paid Mastercard(?).

You might get better since you've got BB with them but I doubt it.

Edit: BT Sport would be extra of course, https://www.productsandservices.bt....ackages?s_intcid=con_sportoverview_to_skyonly

9. Thaksins Love Child

Thaksins Love Child

Yeah unlimited fibre as I stream a lot of TV, movies and sport (when it works).

Blimey BT Sport is a lot more expensive than I thought. My mate pays £56 for everything on a Q box plus 2 wireless boxes in bedrooms. I think I'm gonna give the zGemma a go. I've got Kodi as a backup.

10. HypnoticBlue

HypnoticBlue

Zgemma does it for me, got 2 boxes for living room and bedroom for the price of 2 months with Sky. We watch and record whatever we like. Was with Sly from day one of them starting and all I got offered was 50% off my bundle but not sports or movies or broadband so would only have saved @ £20 off £100 a month so I said bye. Not heard a dicky bird off them since I left in September, but the zgemma's been great , I see all the games BT Sport or Sly Sports , Movies, Box office and stream movies through Exodus.