Do our stewards only hassle Blues

Don’t they need licences to sell stuff on public streets ?

Not sure. You could be right as they won’t be declaring their takings and profits to the tax man. But I don’t think the council or the tax man can be arsed. It’s the same at United, Liverpool and other PL grounds. It’s part and parcel of the match day at football grounds across England. People making a few quid. It’s the same at arena concerts and shows, especially kids concerts and shows, with Hawkers selling tat that the kids want and the parents buy. Expect it at the Coop Live concerts and shows. What with the AO Arena, the Coop Live Arena, Old Trafford and the Etihad, the hawkers will be making a killing and a tidy tax free profit.

Yeah it’s definitely a team of them. I used to know a lad who sold T-shirts and other tatt outside concerts for a living. There was about a dozen of them, worked for a guy in Chorlton. They went all over doing it. I imagine it’s the same people doing football now aswell.

Doubt it would go down very well if you just rocked up with your own supply and tried knocking them out on their patch.rom

I know one of them, big George Williams from Wythenshawe. They do all the matches, concerts etcetera. No, you'd soon know about it if you turned up with a handful of clobber to sell lol.

Reminds me of a lad I worked with on the ships, mad Alex from Partington. In the late seventies he bought himself a burger van. Come Saturday night he parks up near Piccadilly gardens and is doing a roaring trade. A bloke comes up.and he asks Alex what he's doing. Alex replies, "Burgers, hotdogs mate what can I get you?" He then gets told in no uncertain terms to fuck off he's on their patch. Alex was a bit of a hard nut and jumps out of the van, gives the bloke a few clumps and chases him off. About an hour later his van is flipped over and he has to run for his life as about six of them chase him with axes etcetera. He never went back for the van lol.

In SS3, it's not checking tickets that's the problem it's stewards standing in the fucking way, I've had words a couple of times, 3/4 on the tunnel and 5/6 where you come out to the seats, all doing fuck all apart from last game when there were a couple having a smoke in the bogs!!!!

re the hawkers, one of them near the metro link stop actually commented on the scarf I was already wearing. It’s my original scarf from early seventies. blue white and maroon, and he seemed quite happy to see it. I was also asked about it originality at Burnley away at the start of the season.
On another note that creepy ragmag seller from near M&S was selling half and half scarves in town v Arsenal.

My lad has an 18-21 season card and was ejected immediately after entry today when a steward asked his age and he replied 22.The age restriction rules state you have to be in that age range at time of renewal, which he was. He had proof of date of birth on him but they didn’t want to know.
Luckily he managed to get in about 25 minutes after kick off, claiming his card had failed at the ticket office.
Kicked out again tonight at half time. Somebody there has it in for him. Where do you go to complain?

I did a quick count and there were more stewards in the stairway between 114 and 115 then there was between 114 and the away fans. Best run club in the world my arse

Kicked out at half time for getting in on a wrong ticket?

Seems a bit odd.
Same steward backed up by more said he was causing trouble. Who with??. They got police involved and said there was video evidence and he would be arrested . The police watched video but my lad wasn’t allowed to see it. Police said to him no evidence to convict him but still thrown out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.