Do we need to buy a striker in January ???

The Game 77

Still in Dreamland has it really happened ?
As we all know Ade is going to the ACN do we need to buy someone to cover him or will RSC be able to do the job.
Personally i would bring someone in like 6ft 4in Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko, who may be available for £15m and is banging them for Wolfsberg in the German league.
Or would you just leave it alone and let RSC have a go? Or do you have someone else in mind?

To answer your question - we probably dont need to buy another striker

But IMO if any great players (any position) that fit our requirements become available then we will do our upmost to sign them!

It might be worth mentioning that Dzeko has already rubbished City - think the guy would be a good signing though - powerful and great in the air.

Might be worthwhile outbodding Chelsea on Aguero also!!!

Would love to see Rocky come good though - he has had too much stick, part of me understands why but would love him to come good and put down a benchmark for Ade - "you have to beat me to get in the team"

I know he never scored many for Bayern but he proved at Blackburn he can score given the right supply!!

RSC has not even had a sniff yet - am sure he will do the business when called upon. No need imo for another big guy upfront.

However, with Ade at the African Nations and Bellamy unable to play 3 games a week, we should have a plan in place to cover this if needed, rather then find ourselves in a position where we have to over=stretch our resources. I would like to think one of the younger lads - Caicedo, Nimley, Ball or Mak - could step up and do the business but MH seems a little hesitant to throw them in just yet which is fair enough given that every match and decision are analysed so deeply by not just the media but our own fans.

As I see it we have 3 choices (examples of players I give are just examples, I am not suggesting we will go for them or are even slightly interested or their current clubs would even consider letting them go, so don't start!) :

1) Go for the best and break the bank (Villa, Torres, Fabiano)
2) Go for a younger or less known talent who wants to prove himself, so won't mind the bench occasionally (Balotelli, Cacau)
3) Stick with what we have and re-asses in Summer.

First two options would be as good as admitting the younger strikers we already have at the club are not going to make it here, but the pressure to get top 4 and win a cup may mean we go for broke.

1) Go for the best and break the bank (Villa, Torres, Fabiano)
2) Go for a younger or less known talent who wants to prove himself, so won't mind the bench occasionally (Balotelli, Cacau)
3) Stick with what we have and re-asses in Summer.
I know what you're trying to say bud and I tend to agree, but just a point about Balotelli. He's playing most weeks for Inter now and banging in goal after goal. In my opinion he's one of the hottest prospects in European football at the moment. We couldn't just buy him to sit on the bench. Also Inter would NOT sell "Super Mario" on the cheap, they know he's a massive massive talent and a huge favorite with the fans...

No, I don't think so. Ade will be back from the ACN before you know it, we've still got RSC, Tevez, Bellers and even Robbie who can play up front (or at least very attacking behind a front man). I'd take Dzeko if he's available, but we were after him in the summer and he didn't fancy it

Leave it for now, wait til Summer when more and probably better options will be available

The Fat el Hombre said:
No, I don't think so. Ade will be back from the ACN before you know it, we've still got RSC, Tevez, Bellers and even Robbie who can play up front (or at least very attacking behind a front man). I'd take Dzeko if he's available, but we were after him in the summer and he didn't fancy it

Leave it for now, wait til Summer when more and probably better options will be available

That's why it's crucial we finish 4th as otherwise no improvement will be made.
No top striker will come unless we're in Champs League.

Danamy said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

That's why it's crucial we finish 4th as otherwise no improvement will be made.
No top striker will come unless we're in Champs League.

It will certainly make things a lot easier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.