Do we need to stop being so negative?

I'm just going to come out and say it, I think over the years, many of us blues have become far too negative (I include myself in that).

I'm not saying that much of it is unwarranted, the constant kicking from the media etc was bound to have an impact on us over time.

My point is more around that fact that maybe we should just appreciate what we have, what we've done and what we still can do i.e. being the best club on the planet.

At a guess I would say that the majority of the threads across city forums are all based on negativity e.g. every media outlet, organisation, official and regulatory authority have it in for us etc etc.

It would be a shame to look back on all these years of success with so much bitterness caused by scumbags that try to bring us down.

I understand that sometimes it kind of breeds a sense of seige mentality, but by and large it just makes us all angry and frustrated when we should be the happiest smiliest fans on earth during this prolonged period of success.

Would be interested to hear others views, am I way off the mark?
Yeah, I think you're confusing the forum with real life.

We've never had it this good & arguably over the last five years, no one else in this country ever has. If you let anyone in the media etc tell you otherwise then you're doing it wrong

Interesting post. TBH though it would be a bit weird if everyone logged on every day and said repeatedly how happy and lucky they are! There’s loads of really shitty behaviour around the club and for me it’s worth pointing out
I wasn't for one minute saying everyone should be zen like, that's not realistic. Just maybe a little less negative

I wasn't for one minute saying everyone should be zen like, that's not realistic. Just maybe a little less negative
So when you watch a British broadcaster cover our European games and repeatedly treat us differently than other British clubs. Like last night. Young EDS kid scores a great goal in the UCL and the commentator voice does t change. Do you think that should just pass unnoticed and commented on? I don’t. And by challenging it I’m hopefully raising awareness so it stops

Constant kicking from the media? If you think that you are feeding the beast by absorbing it all, when it is easily avoided.

I know if anything negative is written it tend to turn up on here from the triggered Talk Sport types who fall for it all, and anything positive is a "good article". Just don't go looking for it and ignore it.

Its a by-product of social media's effect on the news cycle.

Everything requires the largest reaction possible. When we win, we're dominant and untouchable. When we lose, the Guardiola era is on the verge of collapse.

Haaland misses a sitter, he's been figured out. Haaland scores a hat trick, he's the GOAT.

The last 3 Premier League titles we've won have taught me to just be patient and wait for April/May before making any real judgements.

10 years of being good does not easily wipe away what we went through, plenty of the older generation of fans have developed a gallows humour and an us against them attitude because its what got us through the darker times and its what we know and its what differentiates us from that lot down the road.

To most people outside it would seem like negativity but i think to alot of blues its having the ability to laugh at ourselves and long may that continue.

So when you watch a British broadcaster cover our European games and repeatedly treat us differently than other British clubs. Like last night. Young EDS kid scores a great goal in the UCL and the commentator voice does t change. Do you think that should just pass unnoticed and commented on? I don’t. And by challenging it I’m hopefully raising awareness so it stops
Nope. By raising it we're just annoying ourselves, we're not raising awareness, those that can see it already see it, those that don't never will, or will never choose to. Fundamentally I'm talking about not letting it get to us quite as much, as that is what they actually want. They want to ruin our party, and by biting, we let them.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.