Do we want West Ham to win today?

Chippy_boy

Team supported
God's chosen team
Posted this in the Leicester thread on the general forum earlier, but perhaps given its significance to us, it warrants a thread here?

Personally, I do want West Ham to win.

Everything's gone right for Leicester this season, and I don't take anything away from the fact that this has been the most incredible story and they've been incredible.

But...but.. but...they've had all the luck in the world on their side. They've played essentially the same side without injury, all season. They've had virtually no pressure or expectations on their shoulders. They've benefitted hugely from their main rivals playing woefully below the expected levels, and they've been able to concentrate solely and entirely on the Premier League whist their competitors had othe distractions. Now with 5 games left, we get to see what they are really made of.

Let's just assume for a moment that they lose to West Ham today and Vardy or Mahrez picks up an injury. This is not impossible - West Ham are a decent side, battling for 4th. They then play Swansea without a key player and the pressure is cranked right up, only 4 games left now and the title is in sight. Suppose they lose that too? Not likely, but losing two on the bounce is hardly unheard of and in my little thought-experiment they are playing without their talisman (talismen?)

Now they've lost two and they need to go to the swamp to face United, desperate for a CL spot. Could Leicester lose that game? Yes, and in fact I expect they will do,

Now there's two games left and they must win one of them. They've lost 3 on the spin and their world is falling apart. They know they have to pay Chelsea away on the last day and don't fancy having to rely on winning that game. So they MUST beat Everton. Pressure is intense. Can they do it?

I know this is all fantasy, and pretty unlikely, but it is not IMHO impossible, and it all starts with West Ham. Win today and it's as good as over I think. But lose, and maybe just maybe it could make things very interesting.

Posted this in the Leicester thread on the general forum earlier, but perhaps given its significance to us, it warrants a thread here?

Personally, I do want West Ham to win.

Everything's gone right for Leicester this season, and I don't take anything away from the fact that this has been the most incredible story and they've been incredible.

But...but.. but...they've had all the luck in the world on their side. They've played essentially the same side without injury, all season. They've had virtually no pressure or expectations on their shoulders. They've benefitted hugely from their main rivals playing woefully below the expected levels, and they've been able to concentrate solely and entirely on the Premier League whist their competitors had othe distractions. Now with 5 games left, we get to see what they are really made of.

Let's just assume for a moment that they lose to West Ham today and Vardy or Mahrez picks up an injury. This is not impossible - West Ham are a decent side, battling for 4th. They then play Swansea without a key player and the pressure is cranked right up, only 4 games left now and the title is in sight. Suppose they lose that too? Not likely, but losing two on the bounce is hardly unheard of and in my little thought-experiment they are playing without their talisman (talismen?)

Now they've lost two and they need to go to the swamp to face United, desperate for a CL spot. Could Leicester lose that game? Yes, and in fact I expect they will do,

Now there's two games left and they must win one of them. They've lost 3 on the spin and their world is falling apart. They know they have to pay Chelsea away on the last day and don't fancy having to rely on winning that game. So they MUST beat Everton. Pressure is intense. Can they do it?

I know this is all fantasy, and pretty unlikely, but it is not IMHO impossible, and it all starts with West Ham. Win today and it's as good as over I think. But lose, and maybe just maybe it could make things very interesting.

Forget it, it's over.

Yes. I honestly think we can get overtake Arsenal for 3rd and have a run on Spurs as well.

The only result I'm hoping for today is Arsenal dropping points against Palace.

Although if Spurs somehow lost things would get very interesting for 2nd place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.