Do you really believe the league is over...?

It will be tough not to drop a few points in the upcoming games due to the cup final & Champions League games coming during a period of games v decent sides.

But we should go all out to get this title nailed soon as possible. The rags may well drop a few more points in the upcoming games, so we might not need to win them all, but if we can get it done soon, we will have a much better chance of winning the Champions League.

I wonder if it's on course for us to win it v the rags, whether they might chuck the game the week before, in order to get it over with. If we've already won it, their chance of beating us is higher & they love to cash in v teams who are not quite at it.

Ten draws and beat the regs will do it......

latest

No one is , its a matter of opinion of whether we are comfortable in our skin when we say that 4 more wins which will get us the title is likely or not.
I think the point I'n making is the amount of wins needed for the title really hadn't even crossed my mind until I saw 2 threads dedicated to it.

Hypothetically, do you think if we win our next four & possibly the title, can you see Pep not wanting to win our remaining matches & putting out weakened teams?

He may want to rotate a little more, but serial winners like Guardiola will want another winning run, to set a points total record, to set a new goals scored record, to set a least goals conceded record, for Ederson to get the golden glove, for Sergio to get the golden boot & so on & so forth.

Winners like Guardiola are never satisfied because they crave perfection. They will never achieve it, but they will drive themselves silly trying nonetheless.

This is the type of winning attitude the Rags had & the attitude Mancini claimed was missing from the fabric of our club & from our DNA. Serial winners don't become so because of reaching targets & being satisfied.... They are never satisfied & neither should we be until we reach that unattainable perfection.

Like I said, I have no issue with the calculator crew, probably because I'm a hard to please sort who would probably remain upset at points dropped at Crystal Palace, Liverpool & Burnley. Like I said, it's the nature of the beast.

Last edited:
I think the point I'n making is it really hadn't even crossed my mind until I saw 2 threads dedicated to it.

Hypothetically, do you think if we win our next four & possibly the title, can you see Pep not wanting to win our remaining matches & putting out weakened teams?

He may want to rotate a little more, but serial winners like Guardiola will want another winning run, to set a points total record, to set a new goals scored record, to set a least goals conceded record, for Ederson to get the golden glove, for Sergio to get the golden boot & so on & so forth.

Winners like Guardiola are never satisfied because they crave perfection. They will never achieve it, but they will drive themselves silly trying nonetheless.

This is the type of winning attitude the Rags had & the attitude Mancini claimed was missing from the fabric of our club & from our DNA. Serial winners don't become so because of reaching targets & being satisfied.... They are never satisfied & neither should we be until we reach that unattainable perfection.

Like I said, I have no issue with the calculator crew, probably because I'm a hard to please sort who would probably remain upset at points dropped at Crystal Palace, Liverpool & Burnley. Like I said, it's the nature of the beast.

Brilliant and so right on Peps winning attitude.
Be really interesting the next few weeks.

Brilliant and so right on Peps winning attitude.
Be really interesting the next few weeks.
It was evident with the final group match against Shaktar. Even I was surprised Pep bothered putting out half a team, but he still wanted a perfect qualifying group for us.

This is the winning mentality we've been missing for decades. Hopefully the way Mancini was & how Pep is now, is beginning to make sense. We've now found the missing ingrediance to go with our brilliant owner & mamagement team.

It was evident with the final group match against Shaktar. Even I was surprised Pep bothered putting out half a team, but he still wanted a perfect qualifying group for us.

This is the winning mentality we've been missing for decades. Hopefully the way Mancini was & how Pep is now, is beginning to make sense. We've now found the missing ingrediance to go with our brilliant owner & mamagement team.

Yes and also his attitude when we beat Leicester in the cup. Every game matters and it should.

I believe it's over. It's all about breaking records for me. Players coming back from injuries just at the right time. It's gonna be an awesome ending to the season, something really special happening with this team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.