Do you really believe the league is over...?

We are 16pts ahead of the rags, but it is really 17pts if you take goal difference into account as well. If all goes well we could win the title against the rags in April, assuming that we win all our next 5 games and the rags win theirs. Then a win against them in the derby at the Etithad and we will be CHAMPIONS, That would be nice, however I would like to have it won by the derby, i.e. the game against Everton would be just beautiful. When by all good footballing gestures, you give the new CHAMPIONS a guard of honour onto the pitch. I just can't see Jose doing that in giving us a guard of honour onto the pitch. I seem to recall that we had to do that a few years back after they had won the title the previous game, however I maybe wrong.

Genuine question;would you rather us win all 5 games and united lose one or two so we win the league earlier. Or would you rather us love one and united lose one so we can win the league in the derby?

Personally think it would be better not to win it before the derby. There is often an after the lord mayor's show feel to a game after a victory as the pressure is off. Much better to need something from that game to ensure it does not detract from the title win days earlier by the media yakking endlessly about Mourinho's mastermind tactics beating the so called champions.

I don't see it being won before or even in the derby happily as we have tough games and likely cancellations coming up and if United mess up it will be Liverpool we are counting down against.

So I suspect all this talk of the derby is irrelevant and it will be just after that.

Genuine question;would you rather us win all 5 games and united lose one or two so we win the league earlier. Or would you rather us love one and united lose one so we can win the league in the derby?
I'd prefer they have to give us the guard of honor at the derby. But either way, let's just win it and go from there.

Personally think it would be better not to win it before the derby. There is often an after the lord mayor's show feel to a game after a victory as the pressure is off. Much better to need something from that game to ensure it does not detract from the title win days earlier by the media yakking endlessly about Mourinho's mastermind tactics beating the so called champions.

I don't see it being won before or even in the derby happily as we have tough games and likely cancellations coming up and if United mess up it will be Liverpool we are counting down against.

So I suspect all this talk of the derby is irrelevant and it will be just after that.

I would also have my eye on 2 cup competitions which would be ruined if United wanted payback for the humiliation of us being crowned on that day so just decide to go for the leg-breakers which have been unpunished all season. The thought of our CL campaign being derailed by that lot hacking us in the league is unsavoury to say the least, but entirely possible.

Do we rest players in the league if we win it early?
Don't we have a duty to put best side available if were playing relegation threatened teams?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.