Do you remember when footy boots were black?

jayfx

What is it with these purple, orange, green and pink footy boots these days?
I noticed, not one City player had black boots on against Chelsea, even Milner!
Barry is about the only player that wears black boots these day for City, which you would expect, because he's a no nonsense player. Pink boots suit these European players that spend a lot of the game rolling around on the floor. But for proper English players, what's wrong with a good old pair of Adidas World Cup or Umbro Speciali?

Well if Adidas came upto you now and said:

Jay, if you wear Brown leather shoes in the office rather than Black from now on, and we paid you £30,000 extra per week

Would you accept the offer?

The boot deal is done. The boots are sent to XXXXX player, and he wears them.
Simples.

I can see how a large chunk of the designs will be targeted towards the younger demographic who play the game more.
a kid will aspire to be Sergio Aguero, notice he's wearing Puma and go out and choose the £100 pair (which probably cost £5 to make if that)

In the recent Liverpool match I noticed that Gerrard and Carragher were the only players on either side wearing black boots. Was it a coincidence that they were the two oldest players on the pitch?

The entire squad, as a part of their uniform wearing black boots (away) or white (home), would be awesome. It would visually unite 25 individuals into a group.
But commercial aspects unfortunately makes this an impossible scenario.

I remember when Kun first came to us and played with all black boots for a while, - looked cool as hell.

couldn't care less as long as those boots are putting the ball in the oppositions net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.