Does anyone else feel like this?

We can only sometimes fill the stadium at the moment. We haven’t sold out a Champions League game yet, there are thousands of tickets still available for the Newcastle game this weekend and the recent games against Burnley and Brentford have been terrible for empty seats.
A lot of people deny these realities, but realities they are, and when you add a further 8,000 seats into the mix and a possible downturn when Pep leaves God knows what it’s going to be like. The club need to be very careful.
The economy’s biggest in the shitter as is the cost of living it’s inevitable and only going to get worse, I guarantee if we get to the semi finals it will take ages to sell out hats another £150 day trip I can’t afford, I’ll go to the final but fuck Wembley semis let the tourists have it

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
I've felt like this for a few years mate. VAR and social media have killed the game for me. I still go to 10-15 games a season, but only if I'm going with my sons. I never go on my own anymore. I had a sole solo season ticket for 20 odd years. When they leave home soon I doubt I'll go. Not being able to get at ticket at home to Real Madrid last season despite going to every Champs Lg home game and having a massive amount of points on my City Member account was the final straw for me. I felt massively let down and abandoned by the club, whilst thousands of half and half scarf tourists got tickets. Cheers City.

Not selling out Newcastle yet should be a real wake up call to the decision makers when it comes to pricing and policy. Especially given 8000 of those in the stadium will be from Newcastle.
I think at the start of the season the hierarchy got excited when they sold out the Community Shield and first release of Premier League tickets. They’ve absolutely ripped the heart out of it with pricing and shambolic sales criteria since then and now that the initial euphoria of the treble has worn off sales have gone downhill, we had no problem selling out Champions League and FA Cup games last season, and some of the Premier League attendances recently have got worse, so it’s gone backwards.

The economy’s biggest in the shitter as is the cost of living it’s inevitable and only going to get worse, I guarantee if we get to the semi finals it will take ages to sell out hats another £150 day trip I can’t afford, I’ll go to the final but fuck Wembley semis let the tourists have it

We’ll sell out the FA Cup semi-final. We sold out against Arsenal even though there was a boycott of the match. We’ve now got loads of support who don’t often go to a cup semi-final and live down South who will snap up the tickets, and will jump at the chance to get a semi-final ticket. The flip side being, the support and atmosphere will be shit in our end like it was against Arsenal.

We’ll sell out the FA Cup semi-final. We sold out against Arsenal even though there was a boycott of the match. We’ve now got loads of support who don’t often go to a cup semi-final and live down South who will snap up the tickets, and will jump at the chance to get a semi-final ticket. The flip side being, the support and atmosphere will be shit in our end like it was against Arsenal.
Yes mate it took a while to sell out as most regulars didn’t go leaving it open to tourists and those not normally get one, who do it as a one off.

I believe some of it does come down to the general frustration people have with life in general at the moment. Cost of living crisis, transport worse than ever, daft kick off times and needed to book off even more days at work. Football used to be the release from all of that, it no longer is and hasn't been for a while.

Over the last number of years I have been fortunate enough to go to pretty much every game home and away missing less than a couple a year, yet this year I have already decided against a number because of Monday nights and having to drive etc and the ever increasing cost. Not that I am to the point of stopping, but I can still feel like I am getting more and more disconnected with it all.

Going off the comments of some on previous pages on here that must mean I need to kick in my season ticket and pass it to some tourist who loves his bag of city goodies from the club shop and gets his phone torch out like a boyband concert for some strange reason. People can have a moan all they want about what they are not liking atm, they have every right to do so without having to want to kick it all in. It's what a lot of grown up with and all they know. City if they had anything about them should be concerned with such forums and seeing what can be done. Instead they will be rubbing their hands together at all the season tickets they can turn to match day tickets.

Leaving their place yesterday I was annoyed at how many get into the hands of the wrong fans. People can try and stir up an argument all they want try to suggest the likes of young asian kids as earlier in the thread or those with half and half scarves might live here or have season tickets (at over 25k for the ticket). I myself ended up arguing with two muppets on the steps on the way out thinking it was fine to stop people trying to leave for a couple of minutes whilst they took selfies. They just don't get it all and it is a massive divide in sections, causing an us and them mentality.

It is city and only city where the tickets are coming from. Some to the corporate seats, with more to come with any expansion. Some to overseas supporters clubs (why?) and then we have our sponsors. Look at how many sponsors we have...

10 for Nissan (at absolute least) 10 for Nexan, 10 for Asahi, 10 for Puma, 10 for our cryptocurrency sleeve sponsor and so on.

Once you start dishing out that many to corporate and sponsors you can never take that incentive back. Only ever give out more.

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
Nope

Always Chinese and Japanese on the front rows.
Did I imagine it or did I see a young lady of oriental heritage crouched behind the advertising boards in front of our end during the FA Cup game v Luton?
She was taking pictures on a mobile phone rather than a professional camera with room lense. No press tabard over her coat.
Made me wonder how much she'd paid to who to be allowed to do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.