Does anyone still buy a tv license?

W W

worsleyweb

dont think I have ever had one in the twenty odd years I have been responsible for having one?

Do they still send detector vans round? Seems absolutely mad in this day and age - especially when I pay about 100 a month to sky, bt etc.

Never had one over here until they altered the legislation to include laptops and tablets etc, have one now, not worth the hassle of not getting one for less than €200 a year and RTÉ are decent with ads.

dont think I have ever had one in the twenty odd years I have been responsible for having one?

Do they still send detector vans round? Seems absolutely mad in this day and age - especially when I pay about 100 a month to sky, bt etc.
You're lucky you've got away with it mate. I've paid by dire debit for years. I haven't a clue how much it is per year nowadays tbh.

I have one reluctantly. Like @aguero93:20 says it is a possible avenue of hassle so i just pay it to keep any prying eyes looking elsewhere. Not in my best interests to goad the authorities or otherwise give them reason to look into my circumstances :-)

Didn't have one for my last 10 years in the UK.
I was at work in the day and they probably wouldn't come knocking on doors in Moston in the evening!

They did knock once when I was off work. Said I didn't have a TV. They asked if they could come in and have a look. I asked them if I was under any obligation to let them in and he said 'No'.
I bade them farewell and shut the door.

I gladly pay for the unbelievable bargain that is the BBC.
I am proud to be contributing to ensuring high quality tv and radio us still available.
Radios 3 and 4 and tv BBC 4 are worth the fee alone.

I can only think the OP is trolling.

I have one reluctantly. Like @aguero93:20 says it is a possible avenue of hassle so i just pay it to keep any prying eyes looking elsewhere. Not in my best interests to goad the authorities or otherwise give them reason to look into my circumcisions :-)

Illegal knob chopping eh? I suppose we've all done it. When I say all I mean you, you sick fucker.

I gladly pay for the unbelievable bargain that is the BBC.
I am proud to be contributing to ensuring high quality tv and radio us still available.
Radios 3 and 4 and tv BBC 4 are worth the fee alone.

I can only think the OP is trolling.
It is good value when broken down like that and certainly how much I'm quoted for just basic channels in the States per month adds to that value.
The question has to be asked though, if you are not watching / listening to the BBC why should you be forced to fund it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.