Does David Silva need a rest?

cheddar404 said:
I'm very surprised Mancini picked him last night to be honest. Spent the whole day telling anyone and everyone that there's no chance he'll play Silva tonight. Made me look like a right twat.

same, but i said he'd rest yaya as well! double twat.

I'm not sure its a case of Silva needing a rest, more the team not getting too dependent on him. Give him a match off and let Nasri get used to taking more responsibility.

I'd have taken off him and Kompany at half time last night. I'd have played Milner instead of Barry too as a few of these have played full games for quite a while. It's good that Aguero has played a couple of 90 min games but I'm guessing he'll need a rest over the next 3 games too.

But yeah, Silva needs a break. Mancini knows this but it will be difficult knowing when to do it.

Feed-The-Goat said:
The question is, does Silva want a rest?

He might wanna keep on playing.

Sometimes it may need to be taken out of the players hands. Yes they will probably say they're fully fit but a manager will be able to see if that players struggling, tired etc.

I'd rest him. We have enough quality in the squad to beat West Brom & Sunderland so one of these games, then let him loose!

Keep playing him. Players are pampered nowadays, have the best medical care, play on the best pitches and get the best nutrition. If you are winning games you are not tired. Keep going Dave Silva!! You can have a break once the league is wrapped up.

Never rest your best players in away premiership games. Let's face it not winning the Carling Cup or FA Cup won't be heartbreaking but not winning the League Title will.

MCC said:
Keep playing him. Players are pampered nowadays, have the best medical care, play on the best pitches and get the best nutrition. If you are winning games you are not tired. Keep going Dave Silva!! You can have a break once the league is wrapped up.

It's nothing to do with being pampered. The fact is that if you play too many games your effectiveness diminishes. It depends on the player, of course, and their position. A centre half doesn't need resting as much as a midfielder.

Silva gets kicked to death and is a hugely mobile player. I think he's lost his edge a bit over the last few weeks.

cheddar404 said:
dan34 said:
cheddar404 said:
I'm very surprised Mancini picked him last night to be honest. Spent the whole day telling anyone and everyone that there's no chance he'll play Silva tonight. Made me look like a right twat.

same, but i said he'd rest yaya as well! double twat.

You out-twatted me. Great skills.

yep i have unbelievable twat tekkers

Expected him rested last night especially with Nasri improving

Not needed last night and could have been subbed very early

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.