Dog Treats

Wretched Vengeance

“Only the dead have seen the end of war.” ― Plato
What do you give your dog(s) as a treat. We give them the usual things that can be construed as a treat.

Recently, one of them only gets carrots as a treat due to having two knee surgeries as we are watching his weight. Poor lad has ruptured both knee ligaments chasing pheasants and rabbits and needs a third operation which requires 'bone sawing' or a TPLO (
Tibial plateau levelling osteotomy)

However, I have discovered some magnificent treats that keep them occupied for a good period of time.

1. Pull pizzle
  2. Cows' ears
  3. Tendon. It's about a foot long and lasts them ages.
Anyone else have any ideas on decent, long-lasting dog treats?

A smoked bone with a meaty stuffing, you can make the stuffing yourself. The other long lasting one is a kibble ball. I bought my young tween bully x one, besides ripping it to shreds rather a lot it gives hours of fun for her getting the kibble out. I work from home and this has recently been my go to toy for her as she is desperately energetic and inquisitive. When i need to focus i fill it up and chuck it outside, i don't hear anything from her for 30mins and soon after she naps.

I must admit i bought the 20 quid top of the line effort and mine still smashed the shit out of it almost instantly so if you have a beasty dog get the bone, man made toys simply will not last.

For quick treats i now make some. In summer i make gravy/stock icecubes. i also give them orijen freeze dried treats, markies are every dogs fav ofc and just make the rest to. Get of all the edible meat of a roast say and crush a few bits of the fat/meat into small balls, now wrap in film and chill them etc. Making your own is the best defo, orijen is the best stuff to but very expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.