Don’t Blame Fans For The Empty Seats

I honestly get treated better watching from home than I ever did sitting in a paid seat at the Etihad. You get the feeling that football supporters that go to games are just a mild irritant whom they tolerate.

It happens everywhere.
I have more of a beef about fans leaving ridiculously early, I understand a bit for week games but weekend games its baffling that people leave 10 minutes before the end.
Would you leave the cinema or theatre before the conclusion?
If I was watching titanic I would consider it :+)

I agree. I think a good segment of the season ticket holders are pretty selective in their attendance, which adds to the "empty seats" situation.
Not just season ticket holders.
If we didn't have STs, we'd have chosen which games we were going to go to at the start of the season and bought our tickets then when the club makes them available. Obviously, this would be before kick off changes (around 32 out of 38 every season) for TV, real life getting in the way, etc etc which would influence whether we could turn up or not.
I know why the club do it - it's early guaranteed income - but selling out March and April big games in the previous August, seven or eight months earlier and expecting everyone to turn up is madness.

Also, the Ticket Exchange is a sticking plaster on a gunshot wound, but that isn't even rolled out to Cityzen and Cup scheme members.

The club bang on about wanting seats to be occupied but their decisions are some of the biggest (and most baffling, at times) parts of the problem.

I think we do well for crowds but the anti City media onslaught is slowing the growth in our fanbase. There are probably fewer empties this season compared with recent years.

I think the Ticket Exchange is pretty good and the Face Value ticket sites play an important role in filling seats. Its just a shame that the admin of the Club score an own goal, every now and then, by overpricing matches like the Madrid game.

I think we do well for crowds but the anti City media onslaught is slowing the growth in our fanbase. There are probably fewer empties this season compared with recent years.

I think the Ticket Exchange is pretty good and the Face Value ticket sites play an important role in filling seats. Its just a shame that the admin of the Club score an own goal, every now and then, by overpricing matches like the Madrid game.
I've never used the exchange but don't the club sell the ticket you've already paid for and give you about half the proceeds back. Then make out they've done you a favour?

I've never used the exchange but don't the club sell the ticket you've already paid for and give you about half the proceeds back. Then make out they've done you a favour?

Yep you get 1/19th of your seasoncard refunded back in to you account 4-5 days after the game has been played . So I’m my instance I get £21.84

I am in 209 and a 19th of the cost of a season card is closer to face value than most other parts of the ground I reckon. I’ve used the Ticket Exchange a few times and it’s been pretty good for me. It is an improvement of Vianogo being as the Club’s main ticket partner that was the case before the Ticket Exchange.

Use of the Ticket Exchange is optional and I have some friends who won’t use it because the Club resell tickets for more than the season card holder using the Exchange gets. It’s fair enough if some Blues think that is unfair but I don’t recognise this notion that the Club are making out they are doing us a favour.

It happens everywhere.
I have more of a beef about fans leaving ridiculously early, I understand a bit for week games but weekend games its baffling that people leave 10 minutes before the end.
Would you leave the cinema or theatre before the conclusion?
The conclusion at a match is the victory, if there’s more than one goal in it which there often is then why stay to watch the movie meander to a dull end then watch the credits

We're being fleeced and our supporter representatives won't raise it. They should offer to resign if the club won't listen to them.

You’re way off the mark here mate, knowing at least one of the supporters representatives I can assure you that it will be right at the top of their list the next time they meet the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.