Don’t worry too much - We’ll be back

When the money came in i thought to myself, we need to make hay while the sunshines because there are going to be other clubs with money soon. I think we have made plenty of hay and hopefully will make plenty more.

The other thought i had when the money came along was that i just want city to have a seat at the top table. To be able to believe that we have a good chance of winning no matter the opposition.

The league is now littered with clubs who's owners have more money than you can sensibly spend in football. To me that's a levelling that FFP can't really give you. Yes some clubs are playing catch up but in a weird way, bottomless pockets can bring equality. Off the field we have a great setup and that makes me feel that we are here to stay.

When Sterling, Jesus, Zin & Dinho left this summer with Haaland, Alvarez, KP, Akanji & Gomez coming in i was worried that was too much squad disruption, that the squad was weaker and we would drop too many points as a result. I don't much care about the rights and wrongs of that as we're second and have enjoyed some amazing moments. Haalands early season goals. The hat tricks against the rags. Great days when you consider 20 years ago we would pray for a draw in the derby.

The above is not detailed or thought through, just my take on why i'm not worried and why i love where the club is at regardless of this season.

Nothing against the OP, I just want to remind all the doom and gloom and what the consensus was around January. Relax people, almost every time we have had formidable 2nd half of the season, and if you think we were never this bad, it is because you remember the titles at the end of the season. This is a proof (and I just saw 4 posts like this in Nov- Jan from last season).

Last edited:
Last year was mental. This year was always going to be a struggle off the back of that especially losing the quality and experience we did then throw in kev and stones injuries.

have a run of games we should win now and get players back, see where we‘re at new year. Thing the league might be a but too much of a slog this season but would love a back 2 back for the CL.

Many of the same things being said a year ago as they are now. With a Treble in-between. People complaining about transition seasons, too much changes in the squad, wrong signings etc. We'll be fine.
I just worry that the penny as dropped with the Premier league that Rodri is massive for us and he will be targeted most games by refs brandishing cards thus taking 25% from his power game

I just worry that the penny as dropped with the Premier league that Rodri is massive for us and he will be targeted most games by refs brandishing cards thus taking 25% from his power game
PAwWAo.gif

The same as the opposition getting a free pass to kick fook out of City, whilst we get booked at the slightest misdemeanor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.