Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The right to bear arms is part of the constitution, and if the opposition was in power they could foresee incremental changes to laws overtime which would remove one of the fundamental tenets of that constitution.
How can an amendment be a fundamental tenet of the constitution and how many of the gun owners are actually members of a well regulated militia?

Are you a democrat? Just asking . Trump has had a lot of criticism some of which was self induced by his tweeting . But there is a deep seated ideological hatred of the man mainly from the left and liberals . Are you a liberal ? Are you leftist? We all have biases .
Are you not liberal?

How can an amendment be a fundamental tenet of the constitution and how many of the gun owners are actually members of a well regulated militia?

Yeah, please ignore that bit.
I was trying to make a point re- gun ownership and possibly how if it was highly valued by people if could affect how they vote, depending on which party they viewed was more likely to maintain the status quo.
I made a total pigs ear of conveying my point across and was rightly held to account for it.
Ta

Yeah, please ignore that bit.
I was trying to make a point re- gun ownership and possibly how if it was highly valued by people if could affect how they vote, depending on which party they viewed was more likely to maintain the status quo.
I made a total pigs ear of conveying my point across and was rightly held to account for it.
Ta
That’s not the spirit. At least call me a ****.

Are you not liberal?
Well i don't like labelling myself because no political ideology is going to lead to a utopia but I suppose I'd be a very limited classical liberal in the sense that I believe we ought to have freedom for freedom's sake while respecting the rule of law( constitution) in whatever country one resides . "Classical liberalism is a political ideology that values the freedom of individuals — including the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and markets — as well as limited government" Wikipedia
However it has its problems too in that it doesn't like the welfare state which is necessary because people can be trampled upon by greedy capitalism and it's failures - millions of people being forced into paying the debts of banks is a case in point .

Classical liberalism can be sometimes be against democracy since it sees majority rule as sometimes apt toward dictatorship. That can be true. Democracies can be dangerous if there is nothing to stop a majority from imposing its iron will over people. You could end up with dictatorship which is worse . That's why C Lib often proposed a written legal constitution which would override any government oversight or bullying to put it more bluntly . We get that from both right and left .
So that's why the USA has 3 legislative branches : Presidency, Congress and Supreme Court ( Constitution) . Those 3 curbs absolute power. Same checks an balances in UK govt. This is essential imo.
All forms of government are imperfect but overall democracy is the probably the best way of allowing certain freedoms.
I do see a time Post Trump when we will all be governed by a dictatorship or one world government led by one world leader . It's inevitable because of the current supreme onslaught of globalist interests. They will be impossible to defeat in my view even though millions of people will try to resist.

Well i don't like labelling myself because no political ideology is going to lead to a utopia but I suppose I'd be a very limited classical liberal in the sense that I believe we ought to have freedom for freedom's sake while respecting the rule of law( constitution) in whatever country one resides . "Classical liberalism is a political ideology that values the freedom of individuals — including the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and markets — as well as limited government" Wikipedia
However it has its problems too in that it doesn't like the welfare state which is necessary because people can be trampled upon by greedy capitalism and it's failures - millions of people being forced into paying the debts of banks is a case in point .

Classical liberalism can be sometimes be against democracy since it sees majority rule as sometimes apt toward dictatorship. That can be true. Democracies can be dangerous if there is nothing to stop a majority from imposing its iron will over people. You could end up with dictatorship which is worse . That's why C Lib often proposed a written legal constitution which would override any government oversight or bullying to put it more bluntly . We get that from both right and left .
So that's why the USA has 3 legislative branches : Presidency, Congress and Supreme Court ( Constitution) . Those 3 curbs absolute power. Same checks an balances in UK govt. This is essential imo.
All forms of government are imperfect but overall democracy is the probably the best way of allowing certain freedoms.
I do see a time Post Trump when we will all be governed by a dictatorship or one world government led by one world leader . It's inevitable because of the current supreme onslaught of globalist interests. They will be impossible to defeat in my view even though millions of people will try to resist.
So you’re ok with same sex marriage and the like then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.