Donald Trump wins U.S. Election.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RichardDunneOwnGoal, 9 Nov 2016.

1. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

Why would I be licking my lips? Are you reading into something that isn't there? You need to chill out, just because I condemn all violent groups doesn't make me a bloody supremacist.

2. bboy

bboy

What do you expect? His go-to man Steve Bannon is overtly a white nationalist.

Bannon and Trump are usually regarded as ride or die - if one goes so will the other. The question is, 'Why?'

3. buckshot

buckshot

The fact is that if a man stands up to corrupt banks (not all banks, just the corrupt ones) he's lauded as a man of the people. If a woman does it she's a shrew who doesn't understand how financial institutions work even though she's taught bankruptcy and commercial law at the most prestigious law school in America.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that a man w/ the same background wouldn't be so easily dismissed.

4. RandomJ

RandomJ

You'd be excused for thinking you traveled back in time looking at the shit show that is happening over there. Fucking nazis proudly marching in the open in America in 2017. Fuck sake.

5. Zubrman

Zubrman

Train Driver
    1980 - "I hate Illinois Nazis."

6. FogBlueInSanFran

FogBlueInSanFran

I'd have argued the same about Barney Frank, and he was on the board of a bank, until he actually had to solve problems. Then he had a pretty steep learning curve.

7. buckshot

buckshot

That's hardly the story, the real story is that the POTUS isn't quite sure he thinks they're wrong. He's always held the opinion that people who praise him are inherently right and just while people who criticize him deserve no respect. The alt-right are his base and he'll continue to be okay with them.

8. west didsblue

west didsblue

It's not that he isn't sure if they're right or wrong. He really doesn't give a shit about that. The only thing he cares about is that they provide a good percentage of his support and for that reason there's no way he'll ever criticise them directly.

9. malg

malg

Well actually, in a democracy should they not be allowed to march? Their ideals may be abhorrent, but they should have a right to march.

10. FogBlueInSanFran

FogBlueInSanFran

Agreed. As I've said before, I don't think he's a racist. But they're the strongest portion of his base, the true acolytes. He won't disavow them. Zero principles. Amorality run amok. And all perfectly predictable.