Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
China has pushed and now Trump is pushing back. Shame the UK doesn't have the capability to enforce it's own treaties.
Ahahahaha. Everything that’s going on and that’s your hot take today to make you post on the thread.

I suppose it makes a change from backing up Trump on hydroxychloroquine and how everyone’s using it.

Ahahahaha. Everything that’s going on and that’s your hot take?

I suppose it makes a change from backing up Trump on hydroxychloroquine and how everyone’s using it.

Well of "everything" that's going on I put an escalation in hostility between the only 2 global superpowers as pretty much top of the list.

Of course. But my point is, isn't US cutting ties with Hong Kong exactly what China wanted? I understand there's little the US can do, hence the sanctions.

I imagine freezing 1.2trillion US$ worth of Chinese stock on US exchanges may cause a reaction in Beijing. It sounded to me like that was in the works. I didn't hear anything about cutting ties with HK just a reflection of what China has done to HK since the handover. I have friends who worked in HK before and after and they all agree that China had to turn HK into mainland as they didn't want the freedom HKers enjoyed to spread to the mainland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.