Driving Test Nerves

Rosler1985

My missus has her drving test coming up and she's starting to shit it a bit. Keeps asking me about mine and how I kept calm. I didn't I was a fucking mess and failed it 3 times before fluking a pass.

I know there's a couple of driving instructors on here and just wondered if you have any tips you could pass on to her? Obviously I've already told her that a couple of Vodkas and having her mobile to hand will both be massive helps. Just want her to get a pass. She's amazing and really really deserves it.

I took loads of kalms tablets everyday for about three weeks before my test but I was still nervous as hell when I did mine. You just have to concentrate and show you are aware of everything on the road and are always watching your mirrors and being safe. Did mine at cheetham hill and failed first time, when I did pass though it was the best feeling in the world.

They understand you are nervous and make allowances for that.

Get her to have a mock exam. Try getting one of your mates that's she's never met before and go for a drive in test conditions.

Have a few early nights, just read a book in bed and chill the few days leading up to it.
Don't drink booze on these days either.

That is what KGB agents were told to do to stay calm and relaxed when they were inevitably interrogated by the CIA.
Not one who went through the interrogations that employed polygraph tests etc got caught, so it must help a bit i guess.

So; maybe another woman allowed out on the road in charge of a potentially lethal vehicle then?

H4nlta9.gif

If the instructor reckons the candidate is ready for their test, then they should be ready for it in terms of skills and awareness. I would have thought the examiners would be more wary of the ones who don't show any nerves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.